Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Get your croom fix in  (Read 2117 times)

Offline old gray goat

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
Get your croom fix in
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »
Its that time again . Get your croom fix in before Oct 3 . The Endoro is back in town.Its looks like there going to tear up every thing but north yellow.Hopefully from the rain they will not do to much damage out there.. Well be out there Oct 4 to check out the damage

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
Re: Get your croom fix in
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »
That Sucks >:( . They tore the trails up bad last year and didnt repair much. It wasnt much fun for the 50 even months after. Total sand box. Guess I ll have to get my 50 in before October.
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »
Ditto. If the leave the trails in any condition like last year, I won't be riding there again until late spring.

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »
The blues were in great shape on Saturday. I had a very good ride. I really like that place.
What dates is the Enduro? is it a race or just an open season for motorcycles to use the trails?
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:50:33 AM »
they are going to tear up the trails right before the CFITT - Yikes

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »
That Sucks >:( . They tore the trails up bad last year and didnt repair much. It wasnt much fun for the 50 even months after. Total sand box. Guess I ll have to get my 50 in before October.
This year it will be a little different.  Right after the race we will drive out with DOF and walk the areas where the enduro meets the bike trail.  We have key points marked on a map where this will be.  DOF is now going to work with us and the enduro folks about repairing the damage and hopefully together we make recommendations of how best to avoid the use conflict for next year and beyond.  DOF, and SWAMP is happy to announce they are looking for a solution to this ongoing problem.  Stay tuned for more after we have physically looked at it with DOF and the resulting recommendations are in.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 11:22:09 AM »
This year it will be a little different.  Right after the race we will drive out with DOF and walk the areas where the enduro meets the bike trail.  We have key points marked on a map where this will be.  DOF is now going to work with us and the enduro folks about repairing the damage and hopefully together we make recommendations of how best to avoid the use conflict for next year and beyond.  DOF, and SWAMP is happy to announce they are looking for a solution to this ongoing problem.  Stay tuned for more after we have physically looked at it with DOF and the resulting recommendations are in.

CFITT is OCT 10th - I hope there is time for them to be fixed by then

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »

CFITT is OCT 10th - I hope there is time for them to be fixed by then

There goes your cross bike......................  maybe get a pugsley!
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
* mksandoz cries
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »
do they not realize there is an epic battle to taking place OCT 10th?

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:45 PM »
get your sand legs ready FACTORe... Ride the fire roads!

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
<Sneef>, I'll miss you Croom.

Does the Enduro tear up the northern most part of Blue? I know I saw some big braking bumps in some areas so I'm guessing yes. That's too bad because there was some seriously great trail up there that I've only ridden once on the cross bike. I'll have to get up there with the mountain bike and try a couple of places that were too sketchy on the skinny tires again before it gets torn up.

I guess Yellow is still pretty awesome though.

Offline rob_squared

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »
Its that time again . Get your croom fix in before Oct 3 . The Endoro is back in town.Its looks like there going to tear up every thing but north yellow.Hopefully from the rain they will not do to much damage out there.. Well be out there Oct 4 to check out the damage

Did you have access to a map of the Enduro course, Bill? How did you find out where they will set up the course?

Offline old gray goat

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »
Hey Rob
How have you been? If its anything like the years past they use a lot of our trails for the course but they also intersect our trails and go elsewhere in the forest. We as members of the adopt a trail program were warned to get in there as soon as possible to close up those areas that intersect our trail system to keep folks from going astray in the forest.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
Why are the MTB'er blocking off the intersections into MTB trails.  The Enduro group will be marking their own course why couldn't they block things off like we do for the Croom 50 event?  It almost sounds like you are helping them mark the Enduro course.  Which by the way is known as the Green Trail and is marked with green paint on trees for them.

I am getting my Croom fix this weekend for sure.

Advertisement: