Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Ridgeline?? Open for FTF??  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2004 GT iDrive 5
Ridgeline?? Open for FTF??
« on: September 27, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
Will it be??  Sucks if no.  I know its messes up a little, but is it fixable is what im asking??  If you need help, PM me.
So, which one of you ladies wants to see the recieve the next child support check??  :)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Ridgeline?? Open for FTF??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »
Will it be??  Sucks if no.  I know its messes up a little, but is it fixable is what im asking??  If you need help, PM me.
The plan is to have Ridgeline fixed and open for the FTF. As soon as workdays can be schedule we will be posting up, so if anyone can help out please watch for those announcements.  I'll be sure to get them posted here and on the YahooGroup.

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »
thanks
So, which one of you ladies wants to see the recieve the next child support check??  :)

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 12:26:17 PM »
Let's gitter done :)

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »
Post from Wes:

I would like to start repair on Ridgeline this Friday. We will not be 
trimming, because that is useless until the rain stops. Sorry, no 
lunch, but I will bring drinks.

Please RSVP by 9pm Thursday so I can get tools.

wes
wes@swampclub dot org

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Post from Wes:

wes
wes@swampclub dot org

What time Friday.  I work until 3PM, but am free after that.  Also can do some on Sat too if anyone wants to head out.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
Post from Wes:

wes
wes@swampclub dot org

What time Friday.  I work until 3PM, but am free after that.  Also can do some on Sat too if anyone wants to head out.

wes@swampclub dot org

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:17:45 PM »
as far as I remember, Wes usually leaves the parking lot between 8:30 and 9 am, depending on who shows up. 
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »
Wish I could but I have a job that doesn't allow me that kind of schedule. If there was evening workday or something I can reasonably do with just what I can bike in in an afternoon I'd be willing to give it a try.

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:59 AM »
Have you all noticed how the numbers are down at Boyette since Ridgeline has been closed ?? Garry I think you need to post a date asap to give everyone enough time to plan on working this. Everyone enjoyed this trail so much and need to put in a little time instead of feeding off others efforts, most people I talk to say they want to help. Don't give them an excuse not to by posting one week before....

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »
Have you all noticed how the numbers are down at Boyette since Ridgeline has been closed ?? Garry I think you need to post a date asap to give everyone enough time to plan on working this. Everyone enjoyed this trail so much and need to put in a little time instead of feeding off others efforts, most people I talk to say they want to help. Don't give them an excuse not to by posting one week before....

Everyone SAYS they want to help, but when there is a workday most of them never show up. Just like always.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 08:46:17 AM »
I think this whole thing needs to be re-thought. One suggestion is to not only post a list of people who have hours, but also the people that do not and have not contributed anything. I would love to see what the ratio of trail workers vs. non trail workers is.....wanna place a bet ?? 20%, 30% maybe???

Since the people making the sacrifices are always the same ones, maybe they should be better compensated. Most people that don't do trail work think it is enough to contribute $$$. What we should do is charge them double if they do not contribute any hours. Maybe if we get them out once and they see how satisfying it feels to give back, they may sign up again.

Could also set up a iron post at the trail head for the people not associated with Swampclub. Gift certificates at local bike shops  would also be a nice perk for trail workers. Don't have to give everyone, just have a drawing when we are finished and having lunch....

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »
I think this whole thing needs to be re-thought. One suggestion is to not only post a list of people who have hours, but also the people that do not and have not contributed anything. I would love to see what the ratio of trail workers vs. non trail workers is.....wanna place a bet ?? 20%, 30% maybe???

Since the people making the sacrifices are always the same ones, maybe they should be better compensated. Most people that don't do trail work think it is enough to contribute $$$. What we should do is charge them double if they do not contribute any hours. Maybe if we get them out once and they see how satisfying it feels to give back, they may sign up again.

Could also set up a iron post at the trail head for the people not associated with Swampclub. Gift certificates at local bike shops  would also be a nice perk for trail workers. Don't have to give everyone, just have a drawing when we are finished and having lunch....

NoMan!

Offline drb81

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: is slow
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 10:02:39 AM »

NoMan!

no as in you don't want to volunteer work?
[/don]

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »

NoMan!

no as in you don't want to volunteer work?

YaMan

Advertisement: