Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: It's a Small World.....  (Read 1088 times)

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
It's a Small World.....
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »
I ride with a great bunch of guys and have been doing so for the past couple of years since moving to Tampa. Prior to that I was living in Jamaica and put on the Jamaica Fat Tire Festival, it is still going on and we have had some great world reknown riders like Cameron McCaul, Thomas Vanderham, Kathy Pruitt, Robbie Bourdon, Katrina Strand and Jay Hoots attend. The group formed a core of riders that have remained friends for many years. 2 are living in the UK ( one in Sheffield and the other in London), 2 are still in Jamaica, one in Alabama, one in Canada and myself.

Every year, I read about some great place to ride and I send the word out and usually we all meet up for a great 7-10 days of riding. In the past we have gone to Asheville, Moab, Whistler, Vegas and Tahoe.

As I begin to plan for next years ride ( I wanted to go back to Tahoe because we did not do all the trails and I love Downeville), the rider from Sheffield emailed me and said that we can get to rent the current World Champion DH's house. It is located 4 miles from Whistler.....Steve Peat. He has known Steve's dad for years since they both trials ride motorcycles and came from the same area.

I just think this is so cool......now we have to consider going back to Whistler, hope the exchange rate stays low, the last time I almost died when I got back and checked the credit card statements.

Advertisement: