Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: BOYETTE BREAK INS  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
BOYETTE BREAK INS
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
Gotta' pay extra attention for low lifes.  Probably best to put valuables in a ziplock and keep them in your Camelbak or just don't bring them to the trail in your car.

See reports below.  I've alerted the Land Manager to let the Sheriff know he should probably up the cruises of the parking lot he does.

It was 4 cars total that got broken into. One was a fellow swamper and Forrests xterra also. They were basically smash and grabs, taking wallets phones and gps units. It all happened between 5-6 this evening. I did notice a suspicious person in the parking lot before we rolled out. It was a black guy in a wife beater shirt driving an older black Lexus. He pulled into the very last spot by the fence post and road, backed back out then turned around and backed his car in. Then I noticed right before we left that he had the seat laid all the way flat so he was basically laying down and making it look like no one was in the car. Anyway I hope all the info helps. Basically everyone just needs to be mote cautious with their valuable. The economy is rough and we'recoming up on the holidays so this kind of stuff is only gonna get more frequent."

--------------------------------------------------
About 6 cars including mine were broken into today between 5pm and 6pm.  Just wanted to let everyone know lock up your stuff and make sure it is outa site....they broke the windows and went straight for everyones center console and whatever was left out in the open.

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
Re: BOYETTE BREAK INS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:18 AM »
Nothing against you Garry, but why didnt you at least let the land manager know someone looked suspicious in the lot? He may have called the Sherriff to come out. At least he may have kept an eye on him. We need to act as a kind of neighborhood watch in these areas.
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:20:31 AM »
Nothing against you Garry, but why didnt you at least let the land manager know someone looked suspicious in the lot? He may have called the Sherriff to come out. At least he may have kept an eye on him. We need to act as a kind of neighborhood watch in these areas.
Not sure what you mean.  I posted what was sent to me - I wasn't there.  I did let the land manager know the full extent of the report that was given to me with the brief description of the vehicle.

Hillsborough County Sheriff number is 813-247-8200.  So if anyone see's anything suspicious call that number.

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »
my bad..... I thought you were there.
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »
Not sure what you mean.  I posted what was sent to me - I wasn't there.  I did let the land manager know the full extent of the report that was given to me with the brief description of the vehicle.

Hillsborough County Sheriff number is 813-247-8200.  So if anyone see's anything suspicious call that number.

Actually, as i think of it now, if a handful of people go ahead and call the Sheriff's office about this incident and ask for stepped up patrols for Boyette it may go a long way in the perp seeing it is not such a gravy train.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:28:05 AM »
That sucks, and isn't the first time out at Boyette. I remember a few years ago a guy had his keys in a hide-a-key, well they got found. Hopefully he got his car back!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline mmountainbiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek EX 9.7 OCLV Mountain XTR/XT- RLC-FIT/Evol re:aktiv factory
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:30:50 AM »
Thats why I drive a "blues brothers hooptie". I dont even lock it because a broken window is worth more than the car and take all my stuff with me. But thats messed up that we would be targeted.
I hate to say but for someone to go THERE to steal must have some inside knowledge because its out of the way place

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 08:34:07 AM »
Thats why I drive a "blues brothers hooptie". I dont even lock it because a broken window is worth more than the car and take all my stuff with me. But thats messed up that we would be targeted.
I hate to say but for someone to go THERE to steal must have some inside knowledge because its out of the way place
This was discussed before about the Trout Creek/Morris Bridge break ins.  These guys know, or think, that people who ride nice mountain bikes or enjoy outdoor sports with nice kayaks and running gear make for good targets.  It's then just a matter of scoping out places they frequent and leave their cars for a couple of hours.  Actually they only need a quick few minutes.

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2004 GT iDrive 5
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »
...Im on the description of the perp.  Let me see what stones I can kick and find some stuff.  Kobe has more pull that you think
So, which one of you ladies wants to see the recieve the next child support check??  :)

Offline mmountainbiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek EX 9.7 OCLV Mountain XTR/XT- RLC-FIT/Evol re:aktiv factory
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 09:42:28 AM »
kobe= huggie bear from "starsky & Hutch"

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
I think Half Breed is breaking into these cars to support his fur habit  :D
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 02:14:08 PM »
kobe= huggie bear from "starsky & Hutch"

Fo Sho Negro!!  My car IS furry plush too :)

I think Half Breed is breaking into these cars to support his fur habit  :D

Snitches get Stitches and I HATE CATS so watch your mouth buddy!  You may go swimming next time I see you at Boyette.   :) :) :)

Oh yeah, my fur habit supports me!!!!
So, which one of you ladies wants to see the recieve the next child support check??  :)

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »
You'll have to catch me......oops, forgot about that freaking two track. Won't be hard to reel me in on that. I usually pull over a few time to have a good cry  :'(
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »
You'll have to catch me......oops, forgot about that freaking two track. Won't be hard to reel me in on that. I usually pull over a few time to have a good cry  :'(

no doubt

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »
Ill catch you bucked naked, on my girls bike, wearing my backpack, dogtags flippers, snorkle, a pink wig, louvered 80's glasses and leopard stripper high heels buddy, covered in strawberry syrup (my girls fantasy).  Bring it on  :)

Advertisement: