Author Topic: Croom 35 / 50  (Read 1648 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Croom 35 / 50
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
drb81
Just like any of our events the trails are open to all the public. It is the public who pays the bills on the land.Go ride and have fun...The rider who have paid get the swag and sag & breakfast and dinner.To me its worth the few bucks just my two cents.

Paint

I don't think the issue is a couple of bucks, but the registration is closed but people say there are still spots available.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline drb81

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: is slow
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
correct sfg, it has nothing to do with the entrance fee. I never really thought of doing this until this weekend when I saw that there were spots available and thought I could still register because the links to register were still there. I would gladly pay the entrance fee if I could still register. Supposedly during the tour de felasco they shut down the trails to non-registered riders, I just wasn't sure if this is the same type of thing or not. I really would like to do the 50mile ride but if it is or will cause a conflict for someone to ride during a planned event I'll just pick another day and plan my own route. as far as the fees for the sag and swag, among everything else that goes along with it, I can agree as that's one of the reasons I like doing the tour de felasco.

If someone can tell me what I need to do if I can still register let me know, otherwise I'll just plan to ride the route the day after or something.
[/don]

Offline Dan-o

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: NINER EMD 1X9
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
DRB keep me posted on registration. If we can't get in, we will just ride it the day before for free and I will provide the sag ;)
Jonesy is good like that!
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »
You can mail in your entry up to Thursday this week, tomorrow.

Offline Paintboy

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
Drb
I'm sorry you miss interpreted my comment . I just meant if you missed the reg date you can still ride in the forest. When I started mountain biking one sat I was with my son riding croom and we stumbled upon the 35 /50. we did not know anything about swamp at the time. It was a blast to see all the different types of riders out there . We joined the club right after that..

Offline drb81

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: is slow
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
Drb
I'm sorry you miss interpreted my comment . I just meant if you missed the reg date you can still ride in the forest. When I started mountain biking one sat I was with my son riding croom and we stumbled upon the 35 /50. we did not know anything about swamp at the time. It was a blast to see all the different types of riders out there . We joined the club right after that..

It's cool, I'm probably going to ride the route (a 50 mile of some sort anyway) the sunday after as it works out for others I was planning to do the ride with. Thanks for everyone's help though. Next year I plan on registering earlier so as to avoid this dilemma again, I figure this is the best way to get to know croom as I've only been there once before.
[/don]

Offline Dan-o

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: NINER EMD 1X9
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 12:11:35 PM »
drb
Harvey posted the 50 mile route under a thread I started about riding 50 on another day. You can hit it anytime you want. There are numerous combinations to get the miles. Its not too confusing. Jonesy and I rode last Sunday and picked up about 35 with a simple loop.
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline Redriderpro

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Ellsworth Moment
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 09:22:11 AM »
Croom was sweet yesterday. Got in 26 miles before the rain started.

Crrom 50 will be good!
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline jrocoby98

• Forum Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 07:10:25 AM »
I have a ticket available.  One of my friends cannot make it down for the ride this saturday. First $45 gets it. Please contact me at 850-556-5520

Thank you,
Jason