Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: What time of day to train?  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
What time of day to train?
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »
I found this interesting. I rarely work on in the evenings, so I have little personal experience with it. Also, if you read down into the story, it says it only pertains to people who regularly workout/exercise at least three times a week. Couch potatoes need not pay attention.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/10/health/nutrition/10best.html?_r=1

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: What time of day to train?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
This is why I like to train at 4:45am first off - also it is a reason that I like to use power for intervals rather than HR.

If you find out where your lactic threshold is during the am or pm hours that you normally do your workouts...you build your zones based off those numbers.  If you did your 20 minute TT to find your thresholds inthe afternoon then used those HR readings to build your zones for morning workouts you could be taking it too easy and vice versa - PE is also very important to use in order to learn your body and how it feels at certain levels and zones - you would benefit for being on a work out regiment that is offered locally by one of the most respected coaches in the world.  Graham from www.outsidesport.com can put together a program that will make you faster and help you go longer.  He also has the best line of supplements I have ever used.  There are some great deals going on right now for Christmas.  Go order from the site now and use promotional code JS and get 10% off the great products they carry and even get an additional 5% off the new promotional Holiday packages.

GO FASTER - GO LONGER

Offline steve

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 11:14:58 PM »
Or of course Drew Edsall ,Steve Flynn or Martin Cox all pro mtber`s from Endurance Factor who have a lot of participants in Fl http://www.endurancefactor.com/ there is also a free trial

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »
shameless sales plugs
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:57:44 AM »
shameless sales plugs

no - I get nothing out of that - I found something that works and wanted to share it to fellow SWAMPers - you sir are 100% incorrect if you were referring to my post

Offline steve

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »
Yeah that it may work for us but not for you so far I am happy with my results and Fe`s numbers are really good

Advertisement: