Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: WT-50 thanks  (Read 859 times)

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
WT-50 thanks
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
Big shout out to Garry for once again organizing the WT-50. Yes, the numbers were down this year due to the low temps, but it was still nice to see a few hardy souls out there giving it a shot. When we started, it was sprinkling and 34 degrees, according to the thermometer. When he finished, it was 37 degrees. My feet froze, my knees got a little balky, but we had the park virtually to ourselves.  And I loved the new trails added at the beginning, even if me and Rudy had to bushwack through 100 yards of palmettos after getting lost. Never been down that way. Thanks again Garry. This is one rider who appreciates the WT 50.

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
Re: WT-50 thanks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »
I concur... Thanks Garry for taking the time to map out a course and setting everything up... I was surprised by some of the "obscure trails" - especially the pavement past the levee...

I slid out on the bridge heading onto Heartbreak Ridge, and banged my knee... couldn't really feel it, though, until 1/3rd of the way through the second lap. By the time I crossed Morris Bridge, I was feeling severe knee pain with every pedal stroke. I would ride for a couple minutes then stop. The Trout Creek parking lot never looked so good1

I ended up with a hair over 56 miles, and my feet will never be the same!

Thanks again!

P.S. - It was good to meet you Graham - thanks for the inspiration to start out on lap two... man that was the coldest part of the ride - getting started back out...
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
Good to meet you, too, Jason. My feet were like blocks when I finished. I got off the bike and must have looked like a toddler just learning to walk.

I hope your knee recovers. When you slid out, it looked like a pretty bad hit.

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:52:35 PM »
Thanks - I rode today pretty hard and had no issues...
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Advertisement: