Author Topic: Eye Of the Huracan LOOP  (Read 597 times)

Offline Singletrack Samurai

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Salsa Mamasita & Fixie War Machine
Eye Of the Huracan LOOP
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PDWxz5dU3zA/Sxhdy1-2V3I/AAAAAAAACyg/S19bGNnDzwA/s400/The+eye+of+the+Huracan.jpg

The eye of the Huracan is a mostly off road Loop that starts and ends at Croom MTB trails, 3 stages with 3 classes Representing the finest in Self Supported adventure.

Stage 1 Begins on Friday February 26th 2010 at 9am, starts at Croom, and takes you via single track to the withlacoochee rail trail and then you make your way across Rich Loam Tract across to Clermont, ending in Minneola.

Stage 2 Starts Saturday February 27th 2010 at 9am In Minneola and takes you Across the  hills of Clermont, across lake apopka, across wekiwa & rock spring runs preserve into the seminole Forest, to Maggie Jones Rd into Paisley Florida along the MTB trail to the Southernly FOrest road route across to Marshall Swamp ending at Santos MTB park.

Stage 3 Starts Sunday Ferbruary 28th 2010 at 9am from Santos and takes you along the Spider Kingdom trail to the Epic MTB Trail to the Limestone wagon road hanging a sharp right on 49th ave trails with all the hard options to Nayl's trails and then across Pruitt and Haltapa Preserve across Potts preserve to the withlacoochee rail trail and back to croom.

At each staging area the Clock stops and then starts at the beginning of the Stage. Best Overall time in each class wins.

There is no entry fee and their are no prizes, this is a ride for HONOR and Bragging rites.

The route is an estimated 300+ or - miles.

Self Supported rules apply. Please refer to the rules section of the upcoming site on Singletrack Samurai dot com.

The classes are SOLO, DUO and RELAY.

SOLO riders are responsible for all their supplies and equipment, must resupply using commercial sites along the way and are required to follow Individual Off roading time trial rules of no drafting and no outside or prearranged support.

DUO riders follow the same rules as solo riders but the Pair function as a team and are allowed to draft off one another and help each other with the responsibilities of the supplies. A DUO must finish together to stop the clock on a stage.

RELAY riders follow the same rules as SOLO riders BUT are able to Hand off their ride at the designated staging areas at the end of each stage. The Relay class could be two or three riders but the hand off's can only be done at the staging areas and they must follow self supported rules between staging areas.

An unofficial GPX file is available upon request for your review. Guide sheets listing the singletrack route you must follow in Croom and Santos will be provided. If your interested in Participating email me at nakedindian at singletrack samurai dot com.

This is not just a ride, not just a route, but a Journey of Self Discovery and pure Unadulterated adventure!

thanks,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Eye Of the Huracan LOOP
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
makes me tired thinking about it! sounds fun thought. 8)

Online ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:45:53 AM »
Sounds awesome. No way I could do even one day of it on the MTB though. Pretty sure I could go the distance on the cross bike on day one or two (but not both and not especially fast). Day three looks like too much for that bike.

Something to work towards.

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
Just to make it official, Huge congratulations goes out to Rob Roberts, completing the 300 or so miles with a time of 1 day 17 hours and 45 minutes!

Read his write up here : http://eoth.singletracksamurai.blogspot.com

Congratulations Rob, let's see if it holds up when I take another crack at it, LOL!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:13:36 PM by Singletrack Samurai »

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »