Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Sarasota County Duatholon - 14 Nov  (Read 774 times)

Offline RKL

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Sarasota County Duatholon - 14 Nov
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »
This Sunday, Sarasota County Parks is having a Duathalon fund raiser at the Carlton Reserve in Venice.  The race is a 2 1/2 mile run, a 10 mile MTB ride, and another 2 1/2 mile run.  Can be done solo or as a runner/biker relay.  Carlton Reserve is flat.  MTB course is probably double track woods roads or shell road.  Depending on conditions (course could be wet), it might be fun or painful on a Cross Bike.

Following is the website for info:

http://web.me.com/FOCR/CarltonFriends/FOCR_Home.html

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Sarasota County Duatholon - 14 Nov
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:23:14 PM »
I work on the Carlton and was out there this afternoon. It is extremly wet for this time of year. Most trails have a significant amount of standing water. I stayed on the south powerline and wellfield road to avoid getting stuck. They also have standing water but the packed shell and elevated grade make it driveable. Not sure of the course, but the little single track area looked to be pretty wet. Not 100% sure though how wet. There was a confimed panther siting south of the powerline just east of Mabry Carlton Pkwy. on Friday.

Have fun.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline stucco1

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: niner rip
Re: Sarasota County Duatholon - 14 Nov
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »
I live not far from carlton and its very low out there.We have two more systems of rain before sunday.I cant see how they can have this sunday,it should be way too wet.Maybe they will reschedule.

Advertisement: