Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Squiggy newb questions  (Read 832 times)

Offline Clydeforlife

• First Bike
Squiggy newb questions
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:44:26 AM »
Hello all. I am a recreational moutain biker and I have riden the trails at moris bridge a few times. My buddy and I are going to enter as a team for the 6 hour and I have a few questions.

1. How many riders usually out there for this event?
2. If we are relatively slow will we be run over or given the oppertunity to move over?
3. In general, what can we expect being this is our first event?

Thanks guys.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
Re: Squiggy newb questions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
1.  I want to say it was somewhere between 100-200 participants last year.  I could be wrong.  That doesn't mean they are all out at once though.  First lap is the most crowded since everyone starts at once.  After that the field gets spread out and there can be times when you don't see another rider for a mile or so.

2.  People are pretty good about warning before passing.  This is a very friendly event.

3.  Expect to have fun.  If it rains a lot the day or two before...expect to get wet, muddy, exhausted, and have fun! 

Offline Clydeforlife

• First Bike
Re: Squiggy newb questions
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »
Thanks for the response. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Our main goal for this year was to have fun and not be in the way. Maybe next year we can make a more serious run at it. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement: