Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Fl. visit in Oct.  (Read 876 times)

Offline kymtnbiker

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Scullbuster, Scott Co.Ky.
  • My Bike: Niner E.M.D. KHS 606
Fl. visit in Oct.
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
Hey guys,I am planning a trip to your area the second week in Oct. I will be staying in Mulberry but will be in the area of, Mulberry/Lakeland/Dade City, and was wondering where the best trails would be or if that time of year is too unpredictable to ride trails and I should just bring the road bike? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also I really like your site.
Thanks,
David

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Re: Fl. visit in Oct.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:33:18 PM »
Hey guys,I am planning a trip to your area the second week in Oct. I will be staying in Mulberry but will be in the area of, Mulberry/Lakeland/Dade City, and was wondering where the best trails would be or if that time of year is too unpredictable to ride trails and I should just bring the road bike? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also I really like your site.
Thanks,
David

David, you'll be next to Loyce E Harpe park (Carter Rd) which offers a great FL MTB experience.

Here's a link to some videos of some of the trails there:
http://proedgebiker.com/mountain-bike-hd-videos/carter-road-mtb-park-hd-videos/

Ride Safe!

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
Post when you get here, and we will be glad to trail guide.  October can be a great month to ride, depending on rain.  Also, you will be close to Alafia and Boyette.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
Bring the mountain bike. Lots of great riding in the area. (If you aren't from Florida, the riding will likely be better than what you might think a relatively flat state like Florida could offer. Think old mining quarries.) Boyette, Alafia and Carter Road provide challenging and fun riding. Flatwoods/Trout Creek/Morris Bridge is a good trail system for an easy, fast, flat trail ride. Swampers are famously accommodating, so post a message before your arrive. Someone will likely offer to show you around. You can also join the Sunday club ride. Check the calendar on this site. You don't have to be a member.

October is generally pretty good, too.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:20:35 PM by Rockhopper »

Offline kymtnbiker

• First Bike
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
Thanks so much for the southern hospitality. I will be sure to try and keep an eye on the site and the weather when the time gets closer. It is always so much more fun to ride somewhere you haven't been when you have a guide.
What about Withlacoochi(<sp?) in Brooksville? My wife has a friend in Lacoochi just north of Dade City and we will be spending quite a bit of time there,it would be nice to drop the family off to visit and I could go ride.Is it very far? What type of trails are there.

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:51:03 PM »
The blue loop at Croom is fantastic after some rain, and Santos is probably the best overall riding in Fl. and you will be within an hour (I think).
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 11:57:26 PM »
Santos is one of the top 5 mountain bike parks in the country. You could likely let your wife take your car and hitch a ride with another biker heading there on a weekend. Absolutely worth the drive.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline kymtnbiker

• First Bike
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
Thanks guys for all of the help. I will for sure post up when I make the trip and I am sooo ready to get out and ride,we just got another 1-2 inches of snow last night.I am so ready for spring!

Advertisement: