Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks....  (Read 4523 times)

TreeQueen

Just wanted to say thanks....
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:30:19 PM »
To the fat guy that was the ride guide for a party of 3 in the woods today for NOT answering any of my questions and making me feel stupid.  I hate this to be one of my first posts, but, hey, if youre reading this:  Next time someone asks you for directions, dont roll your eyes and point me towards the double track repeatadly.  I told you over and over I wanted to stay in the woods.  Oh and next time youre in big bad cool MTB'er mode and say "Well, we're going ahead of you", you may wanna pedal or move out of the way.  Thanks.  Sure says alot about SWAMP.  Shouldnt wear a jersey and represent yourself as a guide and treat others you dont know like crap.....

TreeQueen
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:34:07 PM by TreeQueen »

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Re: Just wanted to say thanks....
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Obviously I wasn't there, so I won't comment on your situation.  I will say however, that you would be hard pressed to find a better group of people (overall) than the SWAMP club.  Your situation doesn't say anything about the SWAMP club, but it may speak volumes about that person you dealt with.  Hopefully your next encounter will be a better one.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:20:54 AM »
 :o
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Tony Buchman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: '08 Giant Trance X2, 2012 Kona Hei Hei 29er
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:49 AM »
That guy was/is an ass. Definately not the typical SWAMPer. The SWAMPers I know would not only give you directions but offer to show you around. Please don't judge SWAMP by that guy.

Along those lines...there may be a small group of us riding Boyette this coming weekend. You're welcome to ride with us. Just let me know.
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
  When he rolled his eyes, did he call you sugar like you were a diner waitress?  "Honey, the singletrack is tough and there may be icky spiders"? 
  Seriously though, if you are new to the trails here and want a tour, post up a date, a trail and how you ride and you will likely find a really cool group to show you around.  Generally the riders around here are pretty friendly.

Offline Rocky Mountain OOTH

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »
fat guy leading a ride?  pics or it didn't happen  ;)

There are *s in all walks of life, SWAMP is no exception... don't take it personal.

Offline old gray goat

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »
Treequeen
I,m sorry you had a bad experience. Its typical of our club or our ride guides. But they are human. I also had a bad experience one time at flat woods . The dude keep trying to lose me .I didn't know the trails at all and had to find my own way home. But any way please give it another try. There's a lot of woods out there and it can get a little scary. Don't give up my friend..
Bill

Offline Tony Buchman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: '08 Giant Trance X2, 2012 Kona Hei Hei 29er
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »
Treequeen
I,m sorry you had a bad experience. Its typical of our club or our ride guides. But they are human. I also had a bad experience one time at flat woods . The dude keep trying to lose me .I didn't know the trails at all and had to find my own way home. But any way please give it another try. There's a lot of woods out there and it can get a little scary. Don't give up my friend..
Bill

I hope you meant "it's not typical".
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »
Treequeen I am a little confused by your post.  Was this at Croom? Are you saying you were on a guided ride and that the ride guide left you on the trail with no directions?  Or were you on the trail riding and a guided ride came upon you while you were stopped?  Did he specifically say he was a guide?  Could be he gave you directions the best way he knew how based on your destination.  Perhaps the trail you were looking for intersected or started at the double track (many trails cross or parallel DT) Did you actually call him fat to his face or is this something you reserve for the safety of the internet? 

One of the reasons SWAMP offers guided rides is to help people with their MB skills and/or learn the trail systems.  If you were part of a group and your were abandoned I feel bad and I hope we can figure out who that ride guide was so he can be given * for it.  If you were just riding randomly and the guide came upon you he may have helped as much as he could without neglecting his responsibility to the group that he committed to at the beginning of the ride.  Of course if you were injured or had a mechanical issue his responsibility's would have changed.

Ride guides are volunteers and do this because they like to help others in the sport of mountain biking.  All that I have personally met have been 100% helpful and positive people.  If you got a dud, I would like to personally apologize. 

If you are a swamp member make sure you PM me, another MOD or Forum Manager.  We can upgrade your account, that way you will have access to some great maps that you can print and bring with you on your next ride.  Oh and welcome to the forum.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline old gray goat

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 02:31:50 PM »
LOL
Bugman, Sorry yeah thats what mean...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:40:16 PM by Paintboy »

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »
Not all the ride guides know their way around all the parks, and at Boyette some of the trails were made one-way to avoid accidents, so sometimes you may have to hit some double track to get where you want to go.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Singletrack Samurai

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Salsa Mamasita & Fixie War Machine
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 03:18:10 PM »
Ok, I admit it, it was me.

I came across her on the trail, saw she was cute and decided she needed a good losting to shake off some of that hapiness and cuteness,  We all know mountain biking is about suffering.

And as for calling me fat, I resemble that remark, I cant help it, food is just so good.

next time I will just ignore you and pedal away.

BTW I am in no way a swamp guide I just like the colorful jerseys.

PS: this is not a for real message, but an actual dramatization of  a fake message.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »
PS: this is not a for real message, but an actual dramatization of  a fake message.

LOL
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 03:58:07 PM »
Treequeen,

Being new I think I have a pretty decent outside perspective on this. Some of the people in SWAMP are d-bags, but that is to be expected in a group this large. The good part about the group as a whole is that you are likely to find people you mesh well with and can avoid the others if you'd like. I have a group of friends I usually ride with and we all joined because the fee was a small price to pay to avoid felling guilty for using the trails. To be honest I doubt I will participate in any club events outside of paying my annual dues and using the forums. I'd like to say I would participate in work days, but...  :-X

It is a shame the guy acted that way and if it were possible to take his jersey and beat him with a stick I'm sure somebody here would.

Offline Redriderpro

• Redriderpro
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Devinci Atlas carbon 29er
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
TQ: Some things to consider.

A) If this was last Saturday, I don't believe this was a SWAMP scheduled ride, so you may have indeed been done wrong by someone that had a SWAMP club jersey on. As you might know there are many people with those, that don't make them a ride guide.

B) To go ahead and throw that vile evil person all the way under the bus, why not go ahead and provide a name or desccription or tell us what bike he was one so we can know who you are talking about.

I've been a memember of SWAMP club for about 20(?) years, in all that time I've only ran into ( sometimes on purpose) one A**hole. ( Who finally left us and moved up North)

Whoever this guy is needs a beatdown, one should never,ever be rude to a woman that rides.

Identify the evil dorer and let the masses avenge you!!!! ;D   
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Advertisement: