I set my Bontrager Select rims up with the Stan's strips and mounted some regular tires. I was going to try it with just Gorilla tape and Stan's sealant but Slowfatguy gave me some strips (much appreciated). I still used the Gorilla tape to seal the rim. The strips take up a lot of space in the tire. My theory is that once the bead is in place the rim strip probably helps keep it locked in.
Set mine up with an air compressor in about two hours being extremely methodical. Doing it again with different rims I could probably get it down to an hour. Longest part was taping the rims. I'd estimate changing tires would probably take half an hour. I blasted mine on to the rims without sealant first to get the beads locked in place then I added sealant and blasted them again, installed the valve cores then aired them them to the max pressure of the tire. Spun them around while shaking them for a few minutes. Took a tire lever and purposefully manipulated the tire right at the bead making it burp all the way around. After going around like that a few times nothing I've done to these things seems to make them burp any more or lose pressure. They seem to lose 2-3 psi a week regardless of how much I ride, about the same as I had with tubes.
I don't run mine super low pressure but with the medium pressures I'm running there's a lot of sidewall bulge with me perched on the bike so I don't want to go lower and when I tried lower pressures experimentally the tires felt squirmy in the corners like they were grabbing and slipping very quickly constantly. Was not a confidence inspiring feeling so I run 30 front and 35 rear. Much grippier than they would be with tubes at those pressures. Feels like less rolling resistance too, at least on the dirt. Only downside is that they feel really weird on pavement, kinda like you're riding a flat going straight and they get weird in corners. After going tubeless I really don't like riding the bike on pavement. Different tires would probably feel different.
I know I was worried that the tires I had wouldn't be strong enough since they have a very flexible sidewall. So far hasn't been a problem though and I've dragged them over rocks on a bunch of bad lines.