Author Topic: Daily Food intake  (Read 507 times)

Offline springer912

• First Bike
Daily Food intake
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:44:34 PM »
ok, i used to know a ton about this but as time as gone by i see so has my knowledge. 

I used to eat oatmeal and a 50g protein shake each moring
try to eat a snack
 lunch grill chick with veg
 Snack
 gym lift
another protein shake 50 g
Dinner

I am 6.0 190 lean skinny with a belly.  I want to become lean and build muscle but my plan is not working anymore.  i am 28 and i need to get in better looking shape.  I can bike all day, i usually end because of bordom.  How do i just burn fat?

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• *SPECIALIZED* My Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
Re: Daily Food intake
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »
i just had some CHIK-FIL-A and now im ready to ride!

Online Alan

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: 2009 GF Paragon, 2008 Redline MC29er
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
Incorporate some running into your routine. 

May also think about switching your weight training routine.  I was lifting for the longest time and was stuck.  Ended up going with a trainer who put me on a new routine.  I would only hit the gym three days each week.  Instead of doing multiple sets of the same excercise I would do one set at each exercies.  My sets focused on long focused repetitions (3 seconds up, 1 second pause, 3 seconds down, 1 second pause, etc) as opposed to less reps with more weight.  I lost a ton of body fat that way.

Offline Scott

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »
Establish your average heart rate by riding all out for 20 minutes. Using that information, spend your riding time in zone 2 ;)

Offline jakethesnake0413

• First Bike
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
It is a slow and long journey to burn fat and gain lean muscle...if you are 6-0 and 190, you are probably decently lean....you can try cutting and then bulking, or bulking, cutting, and maintain...to increase muscle mass, you should look at getting 1.3-1.5 g of protein per day..sounds like you are getting 100g from shakes and about 50-75g from whole food sources...try supplementing a casein shake before bed...how many carbs do you take in? I went to a 4 week cut with carb cycling and no carbs after lunch (i lift in the am) and lost body fat without any cardio...carb cycling is not hard and it involves rotating carbs, like monday-200g, tues-150, wed-100, thurs-50, fri-100, sat-150...etc...my carbs come from my pre-post wo nutrition and also from oats, brown rice, sweet potato, etc...I dont count fibrous vegetables in that count though and stick to green ones...

I use the following supplements: CLA, caffeine, green tea extract, jack3d (pre WO), xtend, glutamine, champion nutrition no2, champion nutrition whey, champion casein, carnitine, and recently glucevol waxy maize (post) and gatorade.

as far as workouts are concerned, go to a faster optempo and try some HIIT...if you are cycling do 1 min hard as you can, 2-3 mins easy...do this for 20 mins...hope this helps 
Black on Black Trek 4300, GSXR 750, and TBSS