Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: BOYETTE WORKDAY CANCELED  (Read 730 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
BOYETTE WORKDAY CANCELED
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »
Tomorrows Boyette workday has been canceled due to heavy rains and possible flooding.  The crew was going to repair the Ridgeline exit, but getting the rock back there isn't going to happen until it has a chance to dry out a little.

Also, unfortunately, the more sensitive trails like Abyss, Pandemonium, SWAMP Thing, Canyon, Ridgeline and even Lower Spider Berm will not do well with bike traffic after the heavy rains we are having. 

Please treat the wet trails responsibly.  Croom will replace Sundays ride at Boyette.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:19:27 AM by Forum Manager »

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
Re: BOYETTE WORKDAY CANCELED
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
Not to take this too far off topic but I haven't been to Boyette after rain. Is it likely that it would be too wet on Sunday to ride without damaging the trails?

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: BOYETTE WORKDAY CANCELED
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
Boyette's trails have traditionally been 2nd to Croom in ridable conditions after it rains.  That being the original trails.  With the addition of the "Back Five", (Abyss, Pandemonium, Sidewinder, SWAMP Thing, Ridgeline), this is no longer the case.  If you ride just the original stuff - East Meadow, Quadrants, Loch Ness's, Golf Cart, and even the levy all the way around the Abyss's then they hold up well.  That also covers about 16-18 miles.

Not to take this too far off topic but I haven't been to Boyette after rain. Is it likely that it would be too wet on Sunday to ride without damaging the trails?

Advertisement: