Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Annual Pass for Parking At Wilderness Trails Parks and more!  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Annual Pass for Parking At Wilderness Trails Parks and more!
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »
For those of you who don't know, last year Hillsborough County had a struggle with budget short falls and they had threatened to close all county parks on weekends and after 5pm on weekdays, and this included the parks that make up "Wilderness Parks". a lot of us and others protested this at county commission meetings and some of us proposed a "parking fee" in order to keep the parks open and save rangers jobs. This proposal was passed and the county now indeed has "Iron Rangers" and a process in place to charge $2 per car for parking at most county run parks.

There is also a option to purchase a Annual County parks pass that will get you into all parks that charge this fee for a full year for $50 for an  individual pass or $100 for a Family pass. I suggest if you plan on participating in the Weekly Hole in the Fence rides or even the monthly SWAMP guided ride, you purchase one of these passes to save you money and help support the parks we love.

You can find the mail-in form at this link - http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/documentcenter/view/1243 it is the 1st form on the page. You can mail or even fax the form in and the pass will be mailed to you ASAP. I got mine in 2 days.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:03:36 PM by Forum Manager, Reason: Corrected Link to Pass »

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Re: Annual Pass for Parking At Wilderness Trails Parks and more!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »
Pinellas County has a $40mil Budget cut and an estimated $70mil for the next 2yrs.

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »
Or you can ride up Morris Bridge...two miles past the Flatwoods entrance on the left hand side of the street...is a county park office.  Looks like a log cabin.  Can walk in there during office hours and buy it.

Nancy and I rode up there midway through doing the loop one day.  4 miles road time reminded us of why we love the woods so much.

Jennifer

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
Or you can ride up Morris Bridge...two miles past the Flatwoods entrance on the left hand side of the street...is a county park office.  Looks like a log cabin.  Can walk in there during office hours and buy it.

Nancy and I rode up there midway through doing the loop one day.  4 miles road time reminded us of why we love the woods so much.

Jennifer

LOL! Yeah, I dread getting on Morris Bridge road in a Car no less a bike. My least favorite part of doing the whole loop is that part on Morris Bridge road...

Advertisement: