Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Medium paced Ride this Saturday 3-20-10 Trout Creek/MB 10am sharp  (Read 1019 times)

Offline hygieneboy

• Cycling Sherpa
A few of us intermediately skilled bikers are riding this Saturday and we are meeting at the Trout Creek parking lot 10am sharp. Look for a blue Accord(Holly) and Silver Element (Me, Troy). All all welcome to join us. We ride at a medium pace and sometimes fast sprints  but always wait at the end of the trail for the rest to catch up. We will probably hit all the fun trails and maybe do 15-20 miles total including the full loop if everyone's feeling good. Bring your camelpaks and helmets.  ;D

Offline jimn213

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: is fast, but I'm not...
Re: Medium paced Ride this Saturday 3-20-10 Trout Creek/MB 10am sharp
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »
Hygieneboy, I just may take you up on that offer.  My buddy wants to ride the Upper Tampa Bay Trail at 7:30 am, but I may have to sleep late that morning!

I have also seen you on the Element Owners forum, have I not?

Jim
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

Offline hygieneboy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 03:27:55 PM »
Yes , I'm on EOC too. The more the merrier. :D

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
What is an intermediate pace?  Which group do you guys ride with when you do the group rides?

And does anybody know what the trails look like?  I took a walk with my son this afternoon and Heartbreak is still under water, with the bridge floating.

Is lower Grandpa still closed?  What about the middle of the Flatwoods loop?

thanks for any info,

Jennifer

Offline hygieneboy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »
We are just a group of friends and family that like to ride bikes on or off road trails. Sometimes we have just 2-3 of us and sometimes almost ten of us. We haven't done any official Swamp rides yet. We have done Alafia and Boyette so much lately that we need to change it up and do Morris Bridge and Trout creek again since that's the first place we started doing our off road biking. We are not too hardcore but we are not slow pokes either. I don't have an exact average  mph figure for you but we ride about medium speed most of the time. We let everyone ride at their own pace through the trail and we will wait until everyone catches up and then ride together to the next trail. It's co-ed every time because Holly aka "Nugget"  never misses a ride so females don't need to be scared about being left behind stranded in the woods while the guys are 10 miles ahead. It should dry up mostly by Saturday and we will avoid any really wet spots but any additional info on trail conditions is much appreciated. ;D

Offline hygieneboy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »
It was a good ride today at about 18 miles but there were a bunch of places just saturated with water and muck. I don't usually wash my bike but today it was a must. We even saw four Doe and one X-tra large Buck at the end of Heartbreak Ridge on the main.

Advertisement: