Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Public Thanks  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
Public Thanks
« on: March 24, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »
I've been riding off road for a little over two years.  Have never had a flat before while on the trails.

Well, had two today at Boyette.  Both times thorns piercing my front tire.

Want to say thanks to Matt for the help.  If he'd not been riding with us, me and Nancy would probably still be out of the trails, giggling over the pump.

I mean, I think I can change a tire.  Pretty sure I can.  But it'd take me a half an hour or more and he had it done in minutes.

Jennifer

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Wake, Smoke, Ride, Work, Sex, Sleep....Day by Day
Re: Public Thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
I've been riding off road for a little over two years.  Have never had a flat before while on the trails.

Well, had two today at Boyette.  Both times thorns piercing my front tire.

Want to say thanks to Matt for the help.  If he'd not been riding with us, me and Nancy would probably still be out of the trails, giggling over the pump.

I mean, I think I can change a tire.  Pretty sure I can.  But it'd take me a half an hour or more and he had it done in minutes.

Jennifer

which car were you in??  then ill remember who you were :)
Ill bunny hop you bitch!!!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »
stans.

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
The red RAV4 for me, Nancy has a grey Avalon.

What does stan mean?

Jennifer

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »
The red RAV4 for me, Nancy has a grey Avalon.

What does stan mean?

Jennifer

I wanted to determin who was the one who asked about the glasses I found.  Now I know you. 

Hello  :)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
Thanks,

I'll add that to my wish list....

Right after new shoes for the kids....

Really...there are some wonderful things I'd like to add to my mountain bike and if we had something called a disposable income, I'd say, "sign me up!"

I saw a dude with some sweet purple rims the other day and I got rim envy.

Someone with a cool spoke set up.  In blue.  I was green with envy...(no, not really...just admired them.)

I think I'd like a bashring (though lord knows why it's not like I go over any big logs...it's just to keep the cogs from eating into my skin.)

I don't know if any of you are scuba divers, but on every dive boat I've been on there's always someone we call 'Joe Diver.'  He's always tricked out with the latest and best equipment, but has no idea what he's doing.  He'll run into the reef, his dangling octopus and guages will bump into and damage coral, he'll kick up sand, etc etc.

If I had all the bells and whistles on my bike, I'd be the equivalent of Joe Diver.  On a mountain bike.  A Fred.  Freddie?

My time and money are better spent on improving my meager skills and trying to overcome all my trail fears.

However, if I win the lottery, watch out.  I'll have a tricked out ride.  And tubeless tires.

Jennifer

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »
You are very funny. I have ridden with guys that are the King of Bling. I am the anti-bling. Nothing on my bike matches.....I am proud of that. They scoff at me but I know, once its dirty no one will know. My wheels are not straight, my shorts dont match my shoes, my camelback is faded and I use 1990 era bar ends with hockey stick tape that flaps in the wind.

Oh yeah...my kids need shoes too....but i will make sure they match.
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »
You are very funny. I have ridden with guys that are the King of Bling. I am the anti-bling. Nothing on my bike matches.....I am proud of that. They scoff at me but I know, once its dirty no one will know. My wheels are not straight, my shorts dont match my shoes, my camelback is faded and I use 1990 era bar ends with hockey stick tape that flaps in the wind.

Hey I saw PJ's new bike, it is nicer than yours :)

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:41 AM »

In real life I am, too, (anti-bling) so me being drawn to fancy bike parts is a bit of a surprise.

I'm one who wants to (but doesn't) ask everyone who's wearing a T-shirt that says 'Gap' or 'Tommy' or 'Aeropostle' or 'Abercrombie'...."How much are they paying you to wear that...oh...they're not...gee..you mean, you're being a walking advertisement and you're not getting paid...oh, you mean, you paid them for the privledge of being a walking advertisement??? Hmmm...sweeeet"

Makes me wonder what other latent tendencies will emerge as I get older, um, I mean ripen.    :)

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 07:16:40 AM »

thats funny

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:51 AM »
... I have ridden with guys that are the King of Bling. I am the anti-bling. Nothing on my bike matches.....I am proud of that....
Whatchutalkingabout?  I've been hangingout too long with the roadies.  You know.. matching helmet, gloves, armwarmers, jersey, bibs, socks, anyone know where I can go paint my frame?   ;D

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »
... I have ridden with guys that are the King of Bling. I am the anti-bling. Nothing on my bike matches.....I am proud of that....
Whatchutalkingabout?  I've been hangingout too long with the roadies.  You know.. matching helmet, gloves, armwarmers, jersey, bibs, socks, anyone know where I can go paint my frame?   ;D

i paint frames and recover saddles

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »

That will not look good on the
PODIUM ;D

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
I have ridden with guys that are the King of Bling

I've never understood the whole bling thing either. 

:D

Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Advertisement: