Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: mtn biking in new hampshire  (Read 666 times)

Offline DebbieP

• First Bike
mtn biking in new hampshire
« on: April 01, 2010, 05:42:35 PM »
My family is planning a trip to New Hampshire this summer.  Does anyone have recommendations of where to ride?  We are also trying to figure out where to stay.  We are looking into Attitash and Highland Mountain Bike Park to ride.  For accomodations we are looking at Attitash, Attitash Mountain View, Loon, and Purity Springs.  We are open to any other ideas too...these are just the places we have looked at so far.  We have never been to the area before and would appreciate any thoughts  Thanks.

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Tampa Cigar Roller Services
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: 2011 Redline Monocog Rigid SS 29er 32x17!
Re: mtn biking in new hampshire
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »
I used to live there, but wasn't into MTB at the time, only snowboarding...I will see if I can dig up some info from friends who still live there.
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Tampa Cigar Roller Services
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: 2011 Redline Monocog Rigid SS 29er 32x17!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:55:10 PM »
Also, it wouldn't hurt to visit the NH or New England section of the MTBR.com forums.
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!

Offline syadasti

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Turner Spot and Giant Reign X
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:03:43 PM by syadasti »

Offline DebbieP

• First Bike
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
Thanks for all the info!  It helped a lot.  After much research, it turned out that the bike shops up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire were very helpful too.  One shop is Red Jersey Cyclery and the other is Joe Jones.  We found out that for lift assisted riding, Attitash and Highland Mountain Bike Park are both pretty extreme. They recommended only downhill specific bikes with full body armor and full face helmets.  Attitash has no beginner or intermediate runs.  They have a few advanced/ intermediate, and mostly expert runs.  For those of us without all of that gear  (and those hoping to stay in one piece) who still want to do lift assisted riding, they recommended Bretton Wood, in New Hampshire and Sunday River in Maine.  We will be riding both places this summer and let you know how they are.  We will also be doing some shuttle runs at Attitash, but not the expert lift assisted runs.  Just thought I would share the info in case other SWAMPers aer headed that way this summer. 

Advertisement: