Author Topic: Rollercoaster/North Creek  (Read 892 times)

Offline rixxir

• Huffy Rider
  • Do the crime, Do the time..........and like it!
  • My Bike: Trek Fuel EX 8
Rollercoaster/North Creek
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:53 PM »
Im told that Rollercoaster is now a blue/intermediate trail, is that true?  I believe that North Creek is tougher and physically more difficult than Rollercoaster, does anyone agree that North Creek should be upgraded to black diamond?  How often does swamp change the difficulties on these trails and how often are they remarked?
SCSO 2008

Online stucco1

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
  • My Bike: 2009 giant trance x3
Re: Rollercoaster/North Creek
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »
Although i like both trails alot, rollercoaster is more challenging than north creek.Rollercoaster has alot more climbs and descnts than north creek.North creek is a really fun trail with alittle bit everything but it is not that difficult.

Offline ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:20:57 PM »
I think North Creek is a bit rougher than it was this time last year. I think it's a bit more difficult than Rollercoaster now but that's only because a few spots have gotten kinda techy with the erosion. Still NC is not a terribly advanced trail. I think intermediate is a good rating for both of them. Buzzard bay and the hard options of RC are legitimate blacks. The first stepped descent of NC is the only part that I think might be beyond an intermediate rating.

Offline rixxir

• Huffy Rider
  • Do the crime, Do the time..........and like it!
  • My Bike: Trek Fuel EX 8
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
I've been fortunate on the first NC decline but my buddies, not so much, it has some deep ruts, rocks and roots that can be trouble if you brake down the hill, I have a hard head and kinda rush the hill and seem to do ok.  Maybe that and the last steep decline just before the end seem to be tough.  The erosion is key though.
SCSO 2008

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:52 PM »
Rollercoaster with the options is a more "dangerous" trail, bigger steeper hills. Both are great trails, mother nature will take her toll on both of them and things change. I'm sure Art will keep the trails interesting with re-routes and such. Would help if we could keep some individuals from cutting roots out of the trail though, if you can't handle a tech section suck it up and become a better rider!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Jettro

• SWAMPER!!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
  • SWAMP CLUB MEMBER
  • My Bike: Giant xtc old school
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »
Rollercoaster is definately harder, I crashed and burned on the big drop 2 weeks ago and broke my ankle... 4 more weeks and I'll be back at again!!!
RIDE HARD, PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Current Ride: 2009 Giant Trance X3
    • Trips for Kids Tampa Home Page
  • My Bike: Current Ride: 2009 Giant Trance X3
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »
Roller coaster is harder and has 3 very hard options.. NC is fun and flows a little better in places and has a few tough places, but not as challenging as RC...
Please Help Trips for Kids Tampa!
Visit www.mtbyouthride.org to see how!

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
RC flows much better than NC. RC has smooth sections between most obstacles, where NC feels like constant action. Both will benefit from the drier coming months when trail crews can make more lasting repairs.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.