Author Topic: 2010 Squiggy 6hr Race  (Read 971 times)

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• *SPECIALIZED* My Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
2010 Squiggy 6hr Race
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
Great Race on 4/25, had a blast! Darrin & Gregg did an AWESOME Job laying out the course.

Please for Next Year, if you guys can make this happen, see if the 6hr Cutoff Time can be done like a true 6hr race.

:)

Offline SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
Re: 2010 Squiggy 6hr Race
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:56:21 AM »
PEB,
"...true 6hr race."  ?  Redtrail racing have always done the cutoff time to be when you must be back to scoring table for your last lap to count.  I think that is how they have done 6 hrs of El Lagarto.  I forgot that.  It was my mystake and I got caught by it.  Other races I have done, the cut time is when you have to be back to scoring table to be allowed to go do your last lap.  I thnk that is what you mean.  I rested on 7th lap (my last lap) to save energy for an 8th.  My bad...  It would not have changed anything.

But all in all, this year it fealt more like a true professional race.  Redtrail racing are more experienced at doing racing.  They did a great job yesterday.  Great prizes, great racer package, well organized, great announcing, music, podiums... Great job Red Trail racing and WTA for setting this up.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:00:22 AM by SandPine »

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:06:10 AM »
We came in @ 3:50p and could of gotten 1 more lap in. We raced for 5hr 40mins. all other races that i've done(IE: 8hrs of labor) if you make the cutoff time, you can go out again. That could make the difference in overall placement.

Like i said, Rules are Rules but IMO, this one rule sucked.

Online Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Current Ride: 2009 Giant Trance X3
    • Trips for Kids Tampa Home Page
  • My Bike: Current Ride: 2009 Giant Trance X3
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
yeah, I think we will change it next year to run like El Lagarto...  Next year we are going to push for more sponsors with more and better prizes, keep the course fun and unpredictable, and we are also going to look at having more events like this at Wilderness Trails...   
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:35:45 AM by Darrinw2001 »
Please Help Trips for Kids Tampa!
Visit www.mtbyouthride.org to see how!

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
yeah, I think we will change it next year to run like El Lagarto...  Next year we are going to push for more sponsors with more and better prizes, keep the course fun and unpredictable, and we are also going to look at having more events like this at Wilderness Trails...   

SWEET! Great job overall!

Offline Clydeforlife

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »

That would be great. I would be up for doing this more than once a year!

Online Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Cannondale Rush Feminine 3
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

So, when/where will the results be posted?  I've checked Red Tail's site today but nothing yet.

Jennifer

Online Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Current Ride: 2009 Giant Trance X3
    • Trips for Kids Tampa Home Page
  • My Bike: Current Ride: 2009 Giant Trance X3
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:05:33 AM »

So, when/where will the results be posted?  I've checked Red Tail's site today but nothing yet.

Jennifer

Soon I hope.. I also emailed Ray to send them to me so I can post them
Please Help Trips for Kids Tampa!
Visit www.mtbyouthride.org to see how!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
We came in @ 3:50p and could of gotten 1 more lap in. We raced for 5hr 40mins. all other races that i've done(IE: 8hrs of labor) if you make the cutoff time, you can go out again. That could make the difference in overall placement.

I don't know if you saw me when the announcer was talking about it. I told Ray that was not how it had been done in the past. He would have changed it right then, but the scoring was already set up for that way.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »
Great Race on 4/25, had a blast! Darrin & Gregg did an AWESOME Job laying out the course.

Please for Next Year, if you guys can make this happen, see if the 6hr Cutoff Time can be done like a true 6hr race.

Thanks...I am especially proud of the 'Irving Twist'. I only wish I could have been there for the first lap to see how many people had a rough time with it.

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:29 AM »

I don't know if you saw me when the announcer was talking about it. I told Ray that was not how it had been done in the past. He would have changed it right then, but the scoring was already set up for that way.

there is always next year..

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »

Thanks...I am especially proud of the 'Irving Twist'. I only wish I could have been there for the first lap to see how many people had a rough time with it.

I did the OOHH SHIZZZ! !!!!!

Offline SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 11:25:08 AM »
Gregg,
Not sure where the marshall was on first lap but I was on 3 group.. probably 15-20th person through it.  When you drop over the logs, turn quick right and go back up, someone cut the tape on the first left after that.  so we went back up to the left side of the ditch drop back down on the normal (old) drop then drop one more time to the left to get onto techno.  On my second lap, someone had put the tape back up and we only drop down to the ditch one more time after that on the "designed" X-Cross thingie.  Tape was removed again for my last two laps when marshall gone.  I suspec peeps drop right in and just rode over to techno pig or maybe even bypassing techno pig all together.  Once all marshalls left around 2, it was course cutting time... caught two bypassing the pits where your son was... dam course cutters...i turned them in but didn't have their numbers.

oh, I did take a fall on the Irving twist on my 2nd lap, didn't turn right fast enough and hit the tree so I ran up the climb where Darrin lost his cassette...

Online ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
RESULTS Beginner Under 120
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:48 PM »

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »
Gregg,
Not sure where the marshall was on first lap but I was on 3 group.. probably 15-20th person through it.  When you drop over the logs, turn quick right and go back up, someone cut the tape on the first left after that.  so we went back up to the left side of the ditch drop back down on the normal (old) drop then drop one more time to the left to get onto techno.  On my second lap, someone had put the tape back up and we only drop down to the ditch one more time after that on the "designed" X-Cross thingie.  Tape was removed again for my last two laps when marshall gone.  I suspec peeps drop right in and just rode over to techno pig or maybe even bypassing techno pig all together.  Once all marshalls left around 2, it was course cutting time... caught two bypassing the pits where your son was... dam course cutters...i turned them in but didn't have their numbers.

oh, I did take a fall on the Irving twist on my 2nd lap, didn't turn right fast enough and hit the tree so I ran up the climb where Darrin lost his cassette...

Someone actually cut the course right in front of Jacob. He called me and gave me a description and number. That person was running 15th in there class so........