Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: HOME  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
HOME
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »
Totally off the subject of biking..  my wife and i are looking for a new home..  i live in a 4 bed 2 bath 1 car home right now, and we are thinking about a town home.. 

anyone with some feedback good or bad would be nice as we are still relatively new to the whole home buying experience..

thanks all..

=Bob  ;D
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: HOME
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:29:18 PM »
I have not owned a town home but I have owned a couple of condos. A town home will typically have less maint. than a house. (No lawn to mow) and that kind of thing. It is perfect for a busy hard working person. It leaves more time for hobbies. Make sure you look hard at any deed restrictions (such as dogs and age rest.) Also many town homes have association fees. But they usually include ammenities such as pool, lawn care and trash p/u. Another thing to consider is that town homes usually do not appreciate as fast.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: HOME
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:47:28 PM »
There are loads of nice houses up by 52 and the parkway if you dont mind a bit of a drive. The markets cooled around here just enough to where I'm sure you could get one for an out right steal. Sadly, it is a bit of a drive to anywhere good. Me personally I hate living in a condo :-\, I can't wait for my house to be done, but thats goina tack on another half hour to get anywhere aside from croom.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Advertisement: