Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: LAST NIGHT RIDE.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
LAST NIGHT RIDE.
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:19:50 PM »
Well, its 9.15 PM and still no wheels...  >:(

I intend on being at tomorrows night ride if it kills me to get these wheels here and together with the bike..

..so its the last night ride of the season, made some good friends out there, unfortunately missed some good friends out there too..  bunny  :P

.. so we need to plan some late night rides or something fun during the spring and summer months ahead..
oh yeah..  and if you dont have a light, nows the time to get one..  they'll be on sale now!!  Beercan!

See you guys on the trail tomorrow night!

=Bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: LAST NIGHT RIDE.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:25 PM »
The ride becomes an evening ride after the time change, it is still a real nice ride. It starts at the hole the fence and finishes......at the hole in the fence. I am sure that I will be riding this ride sometime in the future. I have made it my physical therapist's mission to get me out there as soon as it is possible. He says it is up to my body, but I told him no excuses!!!

See you out there soon. The evening ride also means the return of Doug (pirahna).

Gregg (bunny, hop a long, tin leg gregg, righty, the hobbler, barbarro, and of course my personal favorite, Gimpy)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »
Seriously.  What is a good light to get?  Helmet mount or handle bar?  Etc. Etc.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »
Helmet.. first..

You can always see where you are looking.. I would look at the Solo Logic by Lights in Motion, regularly about 180 should be able to get one for about 130 now that season is over..

i just have a lights in motion solo...  i dont think its enough.. just has one setting.. 10 watts, where the solo logic has 3 settings..  low beam like  mine, a high beam i think is 12 or 13 watts, and a strobe or something...

if you want a great ight look for a deal on the HID lights.. they were awesome out on the trail..  just dont know if i can part with that much coin right now...

-Bob

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 10:45:01 PM »
Absolutely helmet first, the bar light is a good fill in, but you want the light to point where you are looking, not where your bars are pointing.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »
Helment light first for sure.  I use both helment and handlebar HID and is overkill.  But since I have them might as well used them.  I passed on handle light to other riders who I run into which might need it.

Bob,
You are getting $1K wheels but now dough for $300 HID light????  I guess you will use your wheels ALL the time and your light maybe once or twice a week in the fall.  The time changes means longer rides on Tuesday evenings.  We do several of the MB trails and then the whole loop.  But if we continue to get out there at 4pm, we will load up another 10-15 miles before everyone else.  It also means the return to Boyette on Thursday evenings.  While unofficial, there is always a large group of people that gather at Boyette on thursdays.  I often stayed after dark inside and rode back out at night.  I always keep my light with me on those rides just in case.   

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
right on..  im looking forward to those rides.

as for the coin..  well you see i have dropped about 1200 bucks in my bike in the last few months and the wife is a little aggravated about it..   ::)

Marcel,

give me a call..

=Bob

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 08:37:57 AM »
well the last night ride was great..

ended the night riding season with a good ride. i look forward to the start of the next night riding season but im sure the evening rides will be just as fun..

.. plus i like the trails over by hole in the fence much better   ;D  might get to meet some new folks out at the evening rides too....

see ya'll on the trails.

-Bob  8)

Advertisement: