Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: SWFBUD Ride to Transit Meeting May 13  (Read 698 times)

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
SWFBUD Ride to Transit Meeting May 13
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:01:38 AM »
Am forwarding this from the SWFBUD list.

A group of SWAMPers rode this ride last year when they were threatening to close the parks.

This meeting is about the penny sales tax to promote, among other things, road improvements.  Road improvements will hopefully mean more/better bikes lanes.

Yes, I know attending a political meeting is about an much fun as unanesthetized dentistry, but it's about our future and the quality of life in Hillsborough County.

Here's the info:

MEDIA RELEASE: SWFBUD Rides To Transit Hearing May 13        SWFBUD (South West Florida Bicycle United Dealers) will be leading a bike ride to the Hillsborough County hearing for residents to comment on the transit penny sales tax proposal to fund light rail, buses and road improvements. The hearing is 6 PM at the All Peoples Life Center, at 6105 East Sligh Avenue (1 block East of 56th Street behind King High School).     Bicyclists will be attending to voice their support for bicycling being part of a transportstion/transit plan.                     I will be leading the ride to the hearing. Bicyclists will gather at 4:45 PM in front of the Seminole Heights Garden Center, 5800 Central Avenue. We will leave at 5 PM and bike about 5 miles east on Hanna Ave. to the hearing.          SWFBUD is a nationally-recognized alliance of nine Tampa Bay retail bike shops committed to growing, advocating and lobbying for more bicycle resources and infrastructure in the Tampa Bay market. SWFBUD also puts on the award-winning Bicycle Bash festival, which this year is NOV 7 in Flatwoods County Park outside Tampa.     CONTACT: Alan Snel, Director of SWFBUD   813-468-0064  www.swfbud.blogspot.com        Jennifer

Offline hygieneboy

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: SWFBUD Ride to Transit Meeting May 13
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
Quote:"Yes, I know attending a political meeting is about an much fun as unanesthetized dentistry"

Mr Bicycle : Alan Snel actually comes to my Dentist office... Small world :o

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
Quote:"Yes, I know attending a political meeting is about an much fun as unanesthetized dentistry"

Mr Bicycle : Alan Snel actually comes to my Dentist office... Small world :o
wouldnt mentioning that be a violation of HIPPA?

Offline hygieneboy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
I didn't give any details like his med HX / SSN or what Dentist ect. ;)

Advertisement: