Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Anyone up for an early Boyette run?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Anyone up for an early Boyette run?
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
I am gonna try to be at Boyette by 8:00 if anyone is interested.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
Re: Anyone up for an early Boyette run?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »
I'm in. See you then.

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Wake, Smoke, Ride, Work, Sex, Sleep....Day by Day
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »
me as well...  im on the zebra!!!
Ill bunny hop you bitch!!!

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 02:31:44 PM »
Good ride today.  HB, we saw you when we were heading back about 10:30.  The trails would certainly benefit from some rain.  KJ, thanks for being my "wingman" on my real maiden voyage.  At least I didn't break anything THIS time.  By the way, the rear tire is still holding air.  I guess I won't throw a kickout on less than 24 hour Stan's-ed tires.

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Wake, Smoke, Ride, Work, Sex, Sleep....Day by Day
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
Good ride today.  HB, we saw you when we were heading back about 10:30.  The trails would certainly benefit from some rain.  KJ, thanks for being my "wingman" on my real maiden voyage.  At least I didn't break anything THIS time.  By the way, the rear tire is still holding air.  I guess I won't throw a kickout on less than 24 hour Stan's-ed tires.
man, i got like 3 hrs sleep.  i ended up riding with Jan and his buddy.  It was good times...
Ill bunny hop you bitch!!!

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
While on the SST ride back to the lot I was observing the shock's action. I could watch it sweep nearly the full range of motion and take the edge off the jolts.  It was in constant motion and held my curiosity.  Looking forward to your opinion  after another couple rides as to how much confidence inspiration it provides.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »
Coach,

How was the 2nd ride on the Dos Niner? still feel shaky?

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »
It's still a tough call.  I am much more confident in the frames ability to handle the rough stuff now.  I moved the stem/handlebar down, but the fork (@120mm) is too tall for the frame.  It wants to wheelie up every climb.  I will be lowering it to 100mm this week and if need be, use a lower rise bar.  The frame does exactly what it was intended to do.  Take the edge off hits and pedal like a hardtail.  I still feel like I'm going to break it at some point, but it will be my fault.  I will say this.  If you are looking for a XC race/endurance bike, I don't see how you could beat the cost effectiveness of this frame.  If you have lots of extra income, get a SF 100 or Tallboy, but for about $900 for a legit 4 lb. frame, this is hard to beat.  I did put a MRP chain guide and Ignitors on it (tubeless).  Weighed it today after riding and it was 24 lbs. 4 oz. (w/bottle cage, and Ergons).  I'll review it again after the fork adjustment and some tweaking.  By the way, I bent the der. hanger Wed. on Gatorback, but was able to bend it back.  I have a new one on the way.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 07:10:33 AM »
It's still a tough call.  I am much more confident in the frames ability to handle the rough stuff now.  I moved the stem/handlebar down, but the fork (@120mm) is too tall for the frame.  It wants to wheelie up every climb.  I will be lowering it to 100mm this week and if need be, use a lower rise bar.  The frame does exactly what it was intended to do.  Take the edge off hits and pedal like a hardtail.  I still feel like I'm going to break it at some point, but it will be my fault.  I will say this.  If you are looking for a XC race/endurance bike, I don't see how you could beat the cost effectiveness of this frame.  If you have lots of extra income, get a SF 100 or Tallboy, but for about $900 for a legit 4 lb. frame, this is hard to beat.  I did put a MRP chain guide and Ignitors on it (tubeless).  Weighed it today after riding and it was 24 lbs. 4 oz. (w/bottle cage, and Ergons).  I'll review it again after the fork adjustment and some tweaking.  By the way, I bent the der. hanger Wed. on Gatorback, but was able to bend it back.  I have a new one on the way.

Thanks for the info Coach...

Advertisement: