Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Are you racing this weekend?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Are you racing this weekend?
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:03:33 PM »
From my own personal experience if any of you cool cats are planning on racing this weekend I wouldn't ride any after Wednesday if you race on Saturday and Thursday if you race on Sunday. If you do ride, ride minimum effort and do intervals with bursts of speed. This info is from our team health guru and coach, passing it on to y'all free of charge.    ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Are you racing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:48 PM »
Thanks Ells...
I got my butt kicked today trying to lead Kevan and Bob through the Squiggy course.  I had to stop 2-3 times to stretch my back but I think i kept a decent 10-12mph pace.  I'll definetely be stretching my back all day Friday.  I am in a three men team so I probably will only do two get a chance to do two laps.  We'll see.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:08:43 PM »
Who did you get to replace me?

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:41 PM »
I'm racing this weekend with Humberto as my team mate.  I rode a good pace Saturday and strong pace Sunday.  Hopefully I can get a quick sprint ride in Wednesday or Thursday then just pay attention to nutrition before the race.
We're looking forward to a medallion!

G

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
Gregg,
Barry had asked me a long time ago.  Max wanted to get someone who asked him Sunday.  I think it was Mike Cunninhan and he would have been great since he is a fast and steady rider.  But Barry had asked me a long time ago.    we now need to change the name of our team.  Any ideas?

Garry,
I have not doubts you and Hman will do great.  But I hope he is feeling better by then.  I heard today that he was real sick.

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:54:32 PM »
I got my butt kicked today trying to lead Kevan and Bob through the Squiggy course.  I had to stop 2-3 times to stretch my back but I think i kept a decent 10-12mph pace.  I'll definitely be stretching my back all day Friday.

Actually your pace was more like 11 - 14 during some sections today. A couple of times I thought you were pacing on us being back there rather than doing your own ride.  I sure felt it during that last 4 - 5 miles of the night ride though.  Great challenge. (just shy of 44 miles for the day)

Thanks for the lead!

SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Advertisement: