Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Some trails closed at Boyette this Friday  (Read 608 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Some trails closed at Boyette this Friday
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue is planning on conducting training for their new recruiting class at Balm-Boyette Scrub Nature Preserve on Friday, May 21st in the areas of "Spur" and "East Meadow" bike trails.  With the inherent dangers that accompany prescribed burns, especially ones as large as the one that they are hoping to conduct, it will be necessary to shut down both of the aforementioned bike trails, as well as the ones to the east ("Swamp Thing", "Pandemonium", "Sidewinder", "Garry's Loop" and "Woods Trail"), should the burn take place.  This will also mean that access to Ridgeline will be closed on this Friday. 

Additionally, even if the prescribed burn doesn't take place on Friday, HCFR will still be using the rest of the site for off-road driving training, so there will still be a need for the bike trail users to be ever-vigilant for vehicles traversing through the preserve.

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Re: Some trails closed at Boyette this Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »
Does this mean Friday's night ride is cancelled???  I was hoping to do my 1st night ride.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Some trails closed at Boyette this Friday
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »
Does this mean Friday's night ride is cancelled???  I was hoping to do my 1st night ride.

No, night ride should still be on - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30.  The burn should be during their regular business hours.  The burn area will be a different looking terrain though.  For anyone riding earlier in the day some areas on Friday will not be accessible.

Advertisement: