Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: **ATT: SWAMP TRAIL WORKERS WITH DRIVING ACCESS TO THE FIRE ROADS!!**  (Read 1315 times)

Offline HalfBreed

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Wake, Smoke, Ride, Work, Sex, Sleep....Day by Day
That HUGE tree in N Abyss that you have to duck a little about 2/3 the way through is DOWN!!  Straight across the trail, you aint moving it with 10 guys  :)  You need a truck to take a good size chainsaw.  I only posted this because it is in a high speed and flow area, and is a blind hill to an extent (if you are going fast enough).  Cannot go around it and it makes the run GARBAGE  :(   Thanks guys and gals....

HalfBreed
Ill bunny hop you bitch!!!

Offline Bikesonly

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Stumpjumper FSR
Re: **ATT: SWAMP TRAIL WORKERS WITH DRIVING ACCESS TO THE FIRE ROADS!!**
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
I rode BB on Tues and hit the down tree... Funny thing was that I went with a couple of buddies and I was hauling a&% on my newly acquired 29er, my buddy which just converted to a 29er said to me "if you can't go over that tree with the 29er, then I don't want the damn bike" LOL... Anyway, I was wondering how you get it out since it's kind of deep into the trail and it's a huge tree.

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »
build it up, just stack small logs in the front and back and clean off any limbs that require it and ride that sucker!  I looove logs but am a minority.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 12:56:36 PM »
It's on Saturdays trail work schedule.

Offline Bikesonly

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Stumpjumper FSR
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »
build it up, just stack small logs in the front and back and clean off any limbs that require it and ride that sucker!  I looove logs but am a minority.

That trail is nice and fast. Putting a log in the middle of that fast section will mess up its flow. I don't mind logs but only on tight technical terrain.

Offline mmountainbiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek EX 9.7 OCLV Mountain XTR/XT- RLC-FIT/Evol re:aktiv factory
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »
I rode BB on Tues and hit the down tree... Funny thing was that I went with a couple of buddies and I was hauling a&% on my newly acquired 29er, my buddy which just converted to a 29er said to me "if you can't go over that tree with the 29er, then I don't want the damn bike" LOL... Anyway, I was wondering how you get it out since it's kind of deep into the trail and it's a huge tree.
We could get kilted ranger to come out with his 50 cal. machine gun

Advertisement: