Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Need opinions........  (Read 811 times)

Offline Ez-E

• First Bike
  • My Bike: 10' Gary Fisher Cobia SS
Need opinions........
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »
Ok i have 10' GF Cobia and its been a money pit lately with things breaking espeically bending front wheels. It has been changed over to SS because of things breaking all the time.  Plus I rode a demo bike SS and loved it.(Haro Mary SS)  Anyway I am Im kinda stuck in between getting new wheels since I bent the 2nd one in a week.  The first one bent because unfortuantly bike fell off friends rack in the mddle of the road.  the 2nd one bent just riding not sure when it happend or how.  it was a net wheelset .  They were Easton XC 2.  So I am kinda stuck on what to do. Do I fork out the money for a wheelset or buy the  Haro Mary SS.   I can get it from my local shop for $680.  Any opnions or help thanks...

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Re: Need opinions........
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »
Ok i have 10' GF Cobia and its been a money pit lately with things breaking espeically bending front wheels. It has been changed over to SS because of things breaking all the time.  Plus I rode a demo bike SS and loved it.(Haro Mary SS)  Anyway I am Im kinda stuck in between getting new wheels since I bent the 2nd one in a week.  The first one bent because unfortuantly bike fell off friends rack in the mddle of the road.  the 2nd one bent just riding not sure when it happend or how.  it was a net wheelset .  They were Easton XC 2.  So I am kinda stuck on what to do. Do I fork out the money for a wheelset or buy the  Haro Mary SS.   I can get it from my local shop for $680.  Any opnions or help thanks...

Easton XC 2's got bent? Damn, i have those on my wife's Era and i had to borrow them one time when i broke my CB Cobalts and i thought they were nice strong wheels.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »
Seems a bit much they bending and breaking easily.  Have yo tried to get them warranteed? What do they say?  What else was breaking? (Component level).

Offline Ez-E

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
Well at one point I had a stick come up in the fall and break rear cassette, chain, 3 spokes, rear derailer,   they were all sram x5  I upgraded to x7's.  I  kept breaking a chain and come to find out my rear hanger was bent too.  Then it was good for awhile.    Since my bike fell off friends Jeep it broke all those components again so I just decided it was easy to SS less things to break. Well then of course I get new wheelset and it bends.  My buddy is trying to take it up with them but doesn't seem to get anywhere right now.  He did fix a bit so its ridable but who knows for how long.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »
Well at one point I had a stick come up in the fall and break rear cassette, chain, 3 spokes, rear derailer,   they were all sram x5  I upgraded to x7's.  I  kept breaking a chain and come to find out my rear hanger was bent too.  Then it was good for awhile.    Since my bike fell off friends Jeep it broke all those components again so I just decided it was easy to SS less things to break. Well then of course I get new wheelset and it bends.  My buddy is trying to take it up with them but doesn't seem to get anywhere right now.  He did fix a bit so its ridable but who knows for how long.

Just saw your other post.. they were 29er XC Two's huh, we have the 26ers.

Offline Ez-E

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
Yes they are 29ers

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:52:28 PM »
Those wheels are supposed to be pretty stout.  What is your riding style and how much do you weigh? 

Offline Ez-E

• First Bike
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »
I Like to push myself harder each time and little faster. But Not crazy dh or anything.  I weigh 180 and 5'8"

Advertisement: