Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Singlespeed Thursdays @ Boyette  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Rocky Mountain OOTH

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Singlespeed Thursdays @ Boyette
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Join me this Thursday for the 1st of what hopefully will be many rides... details here: http://mucaromtb.blogspot.com/2010/06/singlespeed-thursday-6172010.html

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Singlespeed Thursdays @ Boyette
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
It would be nice if all the trails were good trails.  Any suggestions on how to make that so?

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:55 PM »
It would be nice if all the trails were good trails.  Any suggestions on how to make that so?

I like all the trails and think they are all good if not Great Garry... Yes I am sucking up, but I really do like them all, Even Woods trail, East meadow and the Quads.. SST has been a little sandy lately though and is getting on my bad side.. :)

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:32 AM »

Yes, truck in some NC dirt and build mountains  ;)  Joking of course, all trails are good, some are better suited for ss than others that is all. 

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:49:14 AM »
Edited the blog post just for you Presidente... 8)

Offline Singletrack Samurai

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Salsa Mamasita & Fixie War Machine
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:21:50 AM »
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will NOT be able to make it on account that you are all prejudiced.

Offline Darrinw2001

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:53:48 AM »
Can we come with our geared bikes if we promise to not shift gears for the whole ride?  ;)

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »

Yes, truck in some NC dirt and build mountains  ;)  Joking of course, all trails are good, some are better suited for ss than others that is all.

Dude, if I could add hill climbs I would.  Opened one up on West Meadow after Vists Ridge ut no one used it, so it died.  Natural obstacles would be cool.  :-)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:28:37 AM »
Dude, if I could add hill climbs I would.  Opened one up on West Meadow after Vists Ridge ut no one used it, so it died.  Natural obstacles would be cool.  :-)
NOT true Garry.  I go right up that hill all the time.  As you climb out of Baby Nessy, I take that hill straight up to Vista Ridge.  Is that the one you are talking about?  I took a B- group up that hill Sunday in our ride.  They were all complaining that it was hard but they were all smiling. 

Please tell Dave to mow it more often.  Oh, wait, I think you are tlaking about the switch back hills coming down from Vista Ridge to Baby Nessy.  I used it and loved it.  Again, force Dave to mow it so we use it.  HOwever, that spot doesn't get enough use because Vista Ridge is a bit out of the way.  Is there anyway we can add to the end of Vista Ridge so we can loop it back West Madow?  I garantee that if you loop it back it will get more use.

Anyway, after the burn, that streight up hill after Baby Nessy to go to Vista Ridge is sweet.  Please mow it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:34:06 AM by SandPine »

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:51 AM »
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will NOT be able to make it on account that you are all prejudiced.
As I commented on Mucaro's blog... San FelaSSco SSaturday is next... 

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »
San FelaSSco SSaturday is next...

Yes, and soon... how about 6/26?

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:56 AM »

YESSSSSSSSS.... GEARSS welcome though.  40 miles mininum or you get no beer day.  Let'ss go!

Offline Singletrack Samurai

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Salsa Mamasita & Fixie War Machine
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 08:39:40 AM »

YESSSSSSSSS.... GEARSS welcome though.  40 miles mininum or you get no beer day.  Let'ss go!

why 6/26...bah...I will be busy....bah....

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:53 AM »
NOT true Garry.  I go right up that hill all the time.  As you climb out of Baby Nessy, I take that hill straight up to Vista Ridge.  Is that the one you are talking about?  I took a B- group up that hill Sunday in our ride.  They were all complaining that it was hard but they were all smiling. 

Please tell Dave to mow it more often.  Oh, wait, I think you are tlaking about the switch back hills coming down from Vista Ridge to Baby Nessy.  I used it and loved it.  Again, force Dave to mow it so we use it.  HOwever, that spot doesn't get enough use because Vista Ridge is a bit out of the way.  Is there anyway we can add to the end of Vista Ridge so we can loop it back West Madow?  I garantee that if you loop it back it will get more use.

Anyway, after the burn, that streight up hill after Baby Nessy to go to Vista Ridge is sweet.  Please mow it.

Don't know how that straight up hill got started, we laid out and mowed a semi winding climb and drop back into Upper West Meadow from the direction of Vista Ridge, but it is overgrown now.

You can ride all three Loch Ness's then turn left in front of Palmetto up towards Vista Ridge, then hit Upper West Meadow out to Randy's Trail and beyond.  The intent was do this and grab the hill burn..er, climb then race down to Upper West Meadow.

Offline Darrinw2001

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
That actually sounds like a great route Garry, maybe it did not get communicated well. I know that I get a certain route in my head and unless someone takes me another way or gives me the suggestion, I end up just taking that.

Have you given any thought on laying out an "Epic" type ride on a map that people can use as a guide? Kinda of like what OMBA does at Santos? I think people would love that. (I know I would)..

Advertisement: