Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Saturday Club Rides  (Read 566 times)

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Saturday Club Rides
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:57:39 AM »

Hey SWAMPER's!

In response to Wes's article on the front page of the July-September Newsletter, I will begin posting up Saturday rides on the Forum and Yahoo group. I will be taking the National Mountain Bike Patrol class on the 10th and will be certified as a ride guide then. I will not be able to do this every Saturday, but hopefully we can have a few others join in and help to guide as well. We will be following Wes's plan of having the rides at the same location as the Sunday ride for the week to make it consistent. The pace will be dictated on who shows up, but my normal pace is a B to B+ pace riding most everything except Double Blacks (they hate me). I will also have my 9 year old son on most rides so children are welcome! I hope this will be a great addition for those of us who cannot attend the regular club rides due to other commitments!

I will most likely be posting up some other alternative rides as well including Sunday afternoons and a few weekday rides. All are welcome to ride or help guide! The more people we have the more consistent the rides will be held! Contact me if you would like to help out.

Thanks to Wes and the other SWAMP leaders for giving this the Green Light! 

Darrin 813-699-0565
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:10:57 AM by Darrinw2001 »

Offline Joe Messina

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: Specialized FSR XC Comp
Re: Saturday Club Rides
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
Once again its good to give homage to our forfathers and leaders...whats good for them is good for us....thanks Wes for everything....
Joe Messina
Peace Out beautiful People....just sayin.....

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
I am glad they want to have Saturday rides even if is a trial.  However, I think the rides should be somewhere else other then the same park where the Sunday ride is going to be.  I say this because on 2 (or 3?) of the Saturday work days fall on the same park as the Sunday ride.  Showing up to Saturday ride when another group is volunterring their time for trail karma at the same time, will always have odd eyeballing contests.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »
I am glad they want to have Saturday rides even if is a trial.  However, I think the rides should be somewhere else other then the same park where the Sunday ride is going to be.  I say this because on 2 (or 3?) of the Saturday work days fall on the same park as the Sunday ride.  Showing up to Saturday ride when another group is volunterring their time for trail karma at the same time, will always have odd eyeballing contests.

Actually, only happens 3 times in the next 3 months. with the advent of the adopt a trail program, people can do trail work on their own time. These rides should not take away much, if any, from trail work days because those who volunteer (like myself) will do so anyway. Those who do not volunteer now will not no matter when rides are held.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:07:17 PM by Darrinw2001 »

Advertisement: