Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Help respect our trails  (Read 728 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Help respect our trails
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:04:16 AM »
Respect our trails during the rainy season.  Yes folks, the rainy season is upon us, and that means some of our trails in the low lying areas, or that have clay as the base, are vulnerable to most any amount of bike traffic.

Some trails get closed off during periods of wet, while others that handle all day rains remain open.  We really do not like to temporarily close trails, or go in and fix totally trashed trails that should have been stayed off of during these times. Often if bikes stay off of the more vulnerable trails during these periods they actually recover much more quickly once they have had a chance to drain and dry - which means we don’t have to gather and repair, and the trail is in the same condition as when last rode.  Mother Nature works pretty good.

Alafia and Boyette’s most popular sections, unfortunately, take the worst hits when wet.  Some parts of Morris Bridge too.  Croom however, handles wet conditions very nicely.  Yeah, some of the lower clay pits at Croom are bad too, but taking advantage of the other more sustainable areas during very wet conditions means the trail systems on a whole stays in good condition with little maintenance.

So, please respect closed trails, or even ones that we haven’t had a chance to close off yet if they appear wet with soft clay.  Your trail volunteers greatly appreciate this as they work hard to keep them in good shape for all to enjoy.

Thanks!

Offline Singletrack Samurai

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Salsa Mamasita & Fixie War Machine
Re: Help respect our trails
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 09:09:41 AM »
CROOM

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »
Ride roadzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
or Croomzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Offline Big-E

• Hammers are now sponsored by the SHOUT BOX!
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:52:50 AM »
I second to RIDE CROOM or RIDE ROADZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - just remember to hammer drop in moderation!!!

Offline Jonesy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:07 AM »
croom sounds good tomorrow. I am going rain or shine.

Advertisement: