Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Linked Events

• Alafia Single Spd Championship: March 18, 2007

Author Topic: Alafia Single Speed Championship Mar 18th  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Alafia Single Speed Championship Mar 18th
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:01:26 AM »
Red Trail Racing and The S.W.A.M.P club will be hosting the
first annual

March 18th, 2007   Florida State Single Speed Championships - Alafia River State Park

Flyer is here..

Red Trail Racing

“If your not already part the latest craze then you need to get a bike with one gear or convert one you got
and see what all the fuss is about.....”

This will be Round 2 of the “Big Lizard” Kids race series as well!! (Of course geared
kids bike allowed)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 01:53:19 AM by Trek8500 »
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline dennis_reichel

• First Bike
Re: Alafia Single Speed Championship Mar 18th
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »
March 18th, 2007   Florida State Single Speed Championships - Alafia River State Park

Greetings from West Palm Beach,

I'm planning a trip to Tampa (to pick up a bike) sometime in the next couple of weeks and also wanted to ride Alafia (never been there).  Sunday the 18th looked like the most likely date.  With this event will any significant amount of "intermediate" level trail be open for riding?  Would Morris Bridge be more available for riding that day?

-- Dennis

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Re: Alafia Single Speed Championship Mar 18th
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »

Greetings from West Palm Beach,

I'm planning a trip to Tampa (to pick up a bike) sometime in the next couple of weeks and also wanted to ride Alafia (never been there).  Sunday the 18th looked like the most likely date.  With this event will any significant amount of "intermediate" level trail be open for riding?  Would Morris Bridge be more available for riding that day?

-- Dennis

First of all, Dennis welcome to the forum. Answers to a couple of your questions.....

1. Yes the single speed championship will put a damper on the riding you would like to do at Alafia on the 18th of March. I recommend that if your up here for the weekend you try and get out on Saturday, or stay an extra day  ;D
(besides who wouldn't want to stay) and ride Alafia on Monday.

2. Morris Bridge is open every day. Its a great trail system with plenty of single track if you've never been. This weekend is really the only time you'll have difficulty riding at Morris Bridge and that is due to the 6 Hour Squiggy Mountain Bike race, as well as other races in the park this weekend.

3. Or you could join the club for a ride at Boyette Scrub Preserve and ride with us on Sunday. You do not need to be a member to participate in the group rides.  Its a nice way to "test drive" the club and see if the SWAMPers are a fit!

-Bob   :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:50:38 AM by Trek8500 »
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Advertisement: