Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: New bike path?  (Read 774 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
New bike path?
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
I noticed today on the drive down to Boyette that there are signs and flashing lights for a bike crossing on Boyette Rd just south of Lithia Pinecrest. Was a pretty new looking path that looked like it headed for a neighborhood on the east side. Anyone know anything about it?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: New bike path?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
it is for the fishhawk niegborhood. It loops around the hood.

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
What about the newly mowed path right before the bridge after N. Abyss?  Does it go any where?
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »
What about the newly mowed path right before the bridge after N. Abyss?  Does it go any where?

Didn't try it. But I did notice at the end of Sidewinder if you loop back and make the climb back up to the 2 track (so you don't have to ride out through Woods Trail) there was some new trail laid out up there.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 09:34:50 PM »

Didn't try it. But I did notice at the end of Sidewinder if you loop back and make the climb back up to the 2 track (so you don't have to ride out through Woods Trail) there was some new trail laid out up there.

That is a work in progress Jason... I think it will be open before the FTF...

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 05:19:36 AM »

Actually the trail to the right of the left climb up that you saw the "new trail" layout is SWAMP Thing not Woods Trail.  The new section will be the new entrance to SWAMP Thing, and also that will include an extension to Sidewinder that takes you around to the entrance of Woods Trail bypassing ST.  Should be a fun little section.  As always it needs willing hands to come out and help make it so. 

These types of additions and reroutes are what make for great trails.  Remember what it was like before Spider Berm and West Meadow were redone and Canyon was added?  When there was no Loch Nesses or Abyss or Pandemonium?  A few Saturdays given up to help make awesome trails to ride the rest of the year is a small price to pay.   :)

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
I'm definitely going to try to be out more. The last month has been crazy. I've barely been on the bike since mid-June. Saturday morning has not been free because I've been needing to catch up on some much needed sleep. Still, that's just whining and complaining- I'll be out more soon.

Advertisement: