Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 03:46:34 PM] Skinman: Cant run...no legs

[Today at 03:46:39 PM] treadlight: Dan--cant do...baby duty

[Today at 03:46:43 PM] treadlight: i wish tho

[Today at 03:46:51 PM] Dan-o: got it

[Today at 03:47:05 PM] treadlight: thanks for the invite btw

[Today at 03:47:14 PM] Dan-o:  i have 3 and got the hall pass!

[Today at 03:47:26 PM] treadlight: same here..10, 7 & 3

[Today at 03:47:38 PM] treadlight: brb

[Today at 03:50:22 PM] FACTORe: I have a pomeranian

[Today at 03:50:32 PM] FACTORe: that is like a baby

Advanced search  

News:

Remember to login to view all of the boards and topics available to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has had a professional bike fitting?  (Read 770 times)

BeerCan

• Global Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
Who has had a professional bike fitting?
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:18:46 PM »
I am looking to get a professional bike fitting and wanted to get some opinions.  First off, of those that have had it done, do you think it was worth it?
Would you do it again?
What fitting system was it?
Where did you get it done?

Thanks
Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever
------------------------------------
If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email infoATgovbtDOTcom

Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: Who has had a professional bike fitting?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:38:36 PM »
I am looking to get a professional bike fitting and wanted to get some opinions.  First off, of those that have had it done, do you think it was worth it?
Would you do it again?
What fitting system was it?
Where did you get it done?

Thanks

Eddie O'Dea, SWAMP member and expert racer does fittings... http://55nineperformance.com/ ...That are supposed to deal with exact alignment or something like that.  I haven't done it, but I have heard of people having it done and it making a world of difference.  He lives near Atlanta, but schedules a few fittings when he comes down this way.  Worth checking out.

jpap2002

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 07:36:57 PM »
just had one done this past Friday at Chainwheel Drive, Hank is great. It takes about two hours to do and only Monday thru Friday......  My bike was a major wreck for alignment with my body. I road today for the first time with it at Alifia, great ride and felt great. I have Jen set up for Friday for her fitting....

EllsRider

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
I was fitted at AJ's for my road bike. I cannot really appreciate the fitting as of yet because I need to buy a longer stem. My fitting was a freebie basic fitting for buying the bike and I think but am not certain that they offer a more comprehensive fitting for  purchase. It was still a good experience and other changes were made. They moved the seat back, adjusted the seat height, measured for a longer stem, adjusted the handle bars, the basic stuff. Going through all the measurements is cool as they line up the optimum position for the saddle and everything else. Bottom line is  - you gain the experience and know how of pro's. They can explain to you why things should be this way or that. If it conflicts with what you really like, then you at least have the knowledge and can make the changes or not. Forexample, say  they recommend that your seat should be back another inch, thats a big change in your saddle position and it might be too uncomfortable to make such a dramatic change. However, if you  know that you can increase your pedal efficiency by making the change, you can start sliding the saddle back a little at a time until you get to the optimum position. If it feels good and you feel stronger keep it set there. There are a lot  of variables and it is over my head for the most part but the optimum settings are not for everyone, because everyone has different strengths and weaknesses in their  muscle groups and how we set up our bikes could reflect that. They stressed that comfort was very important as well as how the bike was set up. Makes sense. I have heard good things from people who have had it done. I don't know what fitting system was used. I would talk to whoever you  use and get as much info up front as possible to see if you want to go through with it. Like I said, I think basically you are getting there knowledge, if you don't feel like you are communicating comfortably with them, try someone else who fits you better and has the answers you are looking for. I was happy with what I got at AJ's.
" Not this time, Lance"

Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 01:18:35 AM »
Yes, I had a professional fitting done.
Yes, I think it is worth it and yes I would have it done again. (next time a major bike or physical change happens)
I do not know which system we used, it took U B C (University Bicycle Center, Fletcher ave) about 2 hours to do.

Net result:  Less fatigue and longer distance rides.

If you race, I highly recommend contacting Eddie and setting something up for when he comes here.

If you are serious about your bike, you should be serious about fitting bike a rider together.
Cannondale Prophet 1000 (Blue)

EllsRider

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:39:16 PM »
I agree with Kevan. Especially for the less fatigue while and after the ride. I'm still a rook on the road bike but I did notice a difference with less numbness and tingling in the palms, feet... Still have lots to do  for the road bike, need pedals and shoes, want to get a carbon handlebar, change the tape and maybeput some gel pads on the handle bars, the longer stem ...
" Not this time, Lance"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 25 queries.