Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Yesterday at 10:39:38 PM] ProEdgeBiker: tempting for the same service i have...

[Yesterday at 10:34:51 PM] ProEdgeBiker: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/19/4748032/republic-wireless-moto-x-off-contract-price-launch

[Yesterday at 10:30:31 PM] ProEdgeBiker: 5s 12am FTMFW

[Yesterday at 10:30:17 PM] ProEdgeBiker: My Everything

[Yesterday at 10:30:10 PM] ProEdgeBiker: Last

[Yesterday at 10:14:08 PM] Orion_134: first

[Yesterday at 09:58:49 PM] Murf: mfm..40 and sassy

[Yesterday at 09:56:36 PM] Alan: 33/m/Tampa

[Yesterday at 05:51:21 PM] captjoe38: 2 Adult tixs avail   e-mail me 

[Yesterday at 05:43:54 PM] fannypak: sup brews

[Yesterday at 04:32:59 PM] fatcamper: i fixed the sb

[Yesterday at 04:08:36 PM] mksandoz: jax sux

Author Topic: Be careful on slippery surfaces  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Prophet, Blue
Be careful on slippery surfaces
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »
I have heard many stories like the recent one below.  The typical story is from a very good and very surprised rider:  "I was riding my bike slowly along the boardwalk and the next thing I know I was on the ground".  Something to keep in mind during the rainy season.

Example story:

I was out at the Seminole Environmental Center [editor:in Orlando] on Sunday riding around enjoying myself, everything was really wet back there but I didn’t think too much of it, went on a boardwalk scenic route just to enjoy the wilderness and BAM!!!!!  Must have slipped on the boards, blacked out and still don’t remember what happened must have slipped on the boards.  Luckily I was wearing my helmet (as I always do) because it was cracked all the way through on the side I landed, my butt hurt and wrist was in pain, a complete emptiness was in my head when I called my wife, along with a giant lump, of course she was going crazy because I didn’t know what time it was, where I was, or what happened, went to the emergency room and was told I had a concussion, x-rays and CT scan came out good so now I’m just in a lot of pain, can’t turn my head in any direction, get dizzy and blurry occasionally and can’t ride for awhile, shoot barely get out of bed let alone ride…  family physician has ordered more x-rays, physical therapy for my neck (nothing like a good neck rub) and a bunch of medicine.

Just a little note to be aware of your surroundings and never forget that helmet.
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.