Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: New Place to stay in N Georgia  (Read 695 times)

Offline fishindaddy

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Opie
New Place to stay in N Georgia
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »
My old man just bought his "retirement home" in Mountain City GA.  Single Tracks shows about 25 trails within an hour or so.  It is really two, 2 bed, one bath apartments in one house.  He would like to generate some revenue to offset the cost of the place while he still lives here. He would prefer not to rent to the "general public" or put a long term tenant in the place.

FYI the temps last week were low 60's to low 80's .  He called me from the porch up there last week just to irritate me.

The 1400 sf upstairs will be available to rent by the end of September and the 1200 sf downstairs shortly thereafter.   Discounted rates to the Club members.  The price schedule has not been set yet but it will probably be in the 250-300 per 3 day weekend and 500 or so for the week.  It depends on the interest we can drum up from somewhere other than the general public.

I'm not looking for any commitments yet but would like to gauge the amount of interest from you guys.

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Re: New Place to stay in N Georgia
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »
I would be interested.  I am not familiar with that area, what trails are close?  I am assuming Pinhoti (sp.) is too far???   What amenities will it have?  (I would be bringing the wife and possibly kids, depending on accommodations).
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline fishindaddy

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Opie
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:04 PM »
Upstairs (ground level at front of house) is probably going to be rented the most with downstairs reserved for family and friends.  Upstairs is 2 bed, 1.5 bath fully furnished with a full kitchen, glassed in porch looking across the valley to Black Rock Mountain state park and a gas fireplace.  It is located in the middle of the Chattahoochie National Forest with civilization (ie Walmart) only 5 miles away.  It is located just off of US 441 6 miles south of the NC border.  As far as the local trails go, there are several within 10 miles with the closest being Stonewall Falls Loop, an eleven mile intermediate loop.  I have not seen the trails yet.  My info is coming from Singletracks.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »
I would be interested also.. not saying when, but looks like a fun place.. not close to Ellijay, Coach, but looks like some other cool trails around. Helen is not too far and is a really cool town. Looks like a Swiss Village.

Advertisement: