Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Lithia FCS Race  (Read 1600 times)

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Tampa Cigar Roller Services
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: 2011 Redline Monocog Rigid SS 29er 32x17!
Lithia FCS Race
« on: September 15, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
So I am ignorant and don't understand the difference between yellow and white waves.

I would be wanting to ride the SS division.

Thanks!
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!

Offline steve

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Lithia FCS Race
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »
White waves are the base or beginner classes and yellow are pro expert and sport on a side note Alafia is generally one of the more difficult races if not the hardest

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:08:38 AM »
I think SS follows the yellow wave route.  Seem to recall those guys running at the same time as the sport and expert waves at Alafia.  Not 100% sure though.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:12:12 AM by Alan »

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:57:34 AM »
Thanks...so is the SS race 10mi or 20mi?

And as for difficulty, I ride Moonscape, Gatorback, North Creek, Rock Garden (1st expert section), Bridges, Rollercoaster, and Rabbit Ears (all 3) every weekend, and have for the past 1.5 years....so I am pretty comfortable with the trails (every part of them).
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 09:15:21 AM »
I just checked the archived results.  SS runs with yellow.  In 2009 it was two laps for a total of 20 miles.   In 2008 it was three laps with 19.5 total miles. 

If they incorporate NC into the race again like they did last year I would assume you will be in for two laps.

Offline steve

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:29:59 AM »
Thanks...so is the SS race 10mi or 20mi?

And as for difficulty, I ride Moonscape, Gatorback, North Creek, Rock Garden (1st expert section), Bridges, Rollercoaster, and Rabbit Ears (all 3) every weekend, and have for the past 1.5 years....so I am pretty comfortable with the trails (every part of them).
I know Alafia like the back of my hand but there will bypasses and cuts your not used to and racing there is a totally different story I crashed out last year on the newest Rabbit ear not my fault lots of different things happen you cannot train for but it is fun

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »
There is a 1 lap white wave base class and a 2 lap yellw wave class

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
SS doesn't have a base class - they all run in the yellow waive from what we saw at tom brown.

and Steve is so right on the money - riding Alafia is nothing like racing Alafia...

On a side note those SS boys at the FSC are fast dudes...like Dave hawkins fast (or faster)
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 11:44:35 AM »
SS doesn't have a base class - they all run in the yellow waive from what we saw at tom brown.

and Steve is so right on the money - riding Alafia is nothing like racing Alafia...

On a side note those SS boys at the FSC are fast dudes...like Dave hawkins fast (or faster)

Ya, I am deciding whether to run the SS race or the Novice race on a SS.  Probably the latter since I haven't been getting the training in that I had hoped for.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:03 AM »

Ya, I am deciding whether to run the SS race or the Novice race on a SS.  Probably the latter since I haven't been getting the training in that I had hoped for.

Dude, i've seen you ride and i hope you dont race NOVICE... that would be sad sandbagging and it ruins it for newcomers to the sport.

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »
The Alafia race is the hardest of the series, racing and riding Alafia are Not the same. There will be a few surprises again this year if I can get out there and make them. The loop will Not be the same as last year. Im going to change it up a little. If  it stays dry it Will be challenging and Fun. Ain't gonna be No Roadie Course. If anyone tells you they know the loop don't believe them, I'm  not telling anyone. Good Luck to everyone!!

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »

Dude, i've seen you ride and i hope you dont race NOVICE... that would be sad sandbagging and it ruins it for newcomers to the sport.

Then I guess I will have to race the regular SS race ;)

Offline Big-E

• Hammers are now sponsored by the SHOUT BOX!
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »
The Alafia race is the hardest of the series, racing and riding Alafia are Not the same. There will be a few surprises again this year if I can get out there and make them. The loop will Not be the same as last year. Im going to change it up a little. If  it stays dry it Will be challenging and Fun. Ain't gonna be No Roadie Course. If anyone tells you they know the loop don't believe them, I'm  not telling anyone. Good Luck to everyone!!

Comon - you can tell me.. I wont tell anyone. First race for me down there (racing Novice) I need all the help i can get!!!

Later,

Big-E

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »

Then I guess I will have to race the regular SS race ;)

there u go!

Offline BeatTheBabby

• Huffy Rider
    • HalfBreed Productions Extreme Sports Videos and Photography
  • My Bike: 2008 Eastern Slash
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 11:52:30 AM »

Race base.  If I wouldnt have got stuck in the twisties behind a chick with EARPHONES, I would have spanked that class (novice).  its too easy...
-I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away....

Advertisement: