Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Anyone using "the widget" for their 1x9  (Read 762 times)

Offline Murf :

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Anyone using "the widget" for their 1x9
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »
i just installed a chain keeper called the widget , then took it for a quick spin ,seems to work pretty well in theory. anyone have any luck with one.
thanks

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[img width= height=]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_rmi2OfoSyK4/TJKJDJhz_jI/AAAAAAAAAbI/EnhZSAjNye0/s144/IMG_20100916_165529.jpg[/img]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Swamp</td></tr></table>

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[img width= height=]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_rmi2OfoSyK4/TJKJCRMcE3I/AAAAAAAAAbA/W1xmBxtqoRM/s144/IMG_20100916_165431.jpg[/img]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Swamp</td></tr></table>

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Re: Anyone using "the widget" for their 1x9
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »
looks like it will work good...

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:03 AM »
Pretty cool.  Does it rub at all on the inner ring when you shift the rear up into the larger cogs? 

Offline Murf :

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
No it seems to some how stay off the inner guide fairly well. The ring bolts to the granny bolts, and has a little offset so it actually sits  between the granny and middle ring spot. It has a straighter chain line in the larger cogs, than the smaller. The only draw back ive seen so far is the blue guides are thin, and since you are unable to attach a bash ring it could get banged up pretty good. The maker of the ring suggest taking 4 links out of the chain (if you coming from a triple ring set-up). i was already running a 1x9 with a 32t  so i only took 2 out it shifts fast and accurately. i went for a quick spin this morning and tried my hardest to bounce the chain off and couldn't . I'm going to put it through the paces this weekend and ill report back.

Advertisement: