Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Temporary closures at SanFelasco  (Read 972 times)

Offline C_Reff

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: two Monkeys and an Ogre
Temporary closures at SanFelasco
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »
Press Release for San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park Aerial Herbicide Application

FYI:             Between Sept 21 and early October 2010, hikers, horseback riders and off-road cyclists who visit San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park can expect to see a significant resource management project underway. Bike and equestrian trails in northern portions of the preserve will be closed for up to 24 hours during and after the aerial application of herbicide. The aerial application is needed for removal of weeds and exotic grasses in old pastures prior to longleaf pine replanting, which is a part of the preserve’s overall restoration efforts.

From Randy Brown, park manager:
The spraying will occur during a weekday, so hopefully few visitors will be affected.  It will affect a portion of Tung Nut Loop in the open areas near the old dairy, and the area near Itchy Bottom Lake.  So during that day, except for Cellon Creek Loop and Cottontail trail, the trail system will be closed. 
We will be posting signs at both the bike and horse trailheads prior to and the day of the spraying and at the entrance to the affected trails the day of the spraying.  The trails have to remain closed for 12 hours after the herbicide application, so by the next morning, they can be re-opened.

Offline C_Reff

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
Re: Temporary closures at SanFelasco
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »
BTW: The Tour de Felasco is Jan 8 th 2011, online registration opens up Oct 1st. Should be the toughest year yet, with all the new trails!

Offline Sirbikesalot

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
Where is this place and how do I get there from st pete.Thanks.

Offline C_Reff

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:49:22 PM »
I-75  North, approx 13 miles north of Gainesville, get off at the Alachua exit. Directions and info here:

http://www.sanfelasco.net/trails.shtml

It's worth the trip.

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 09:38:31 PM »
I-75  North, approx 13 miles north of Gainesville, get off at the Alachua exit. Directions and info here:

http://www.sanfelasco.net/trails.shtml

It's worth the trip.

Yes it is
Curt, is there online registration this year for the tour?

Offline C_Reff

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:03:40 AM »
Yep, looks like it's on line only

http://www.sanfelasco.net/tour.shtml

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
WOW... 5 SAG stops for a 50 mile ride??  I am going to get FAT-er eating so much.  LMAO...

BTW, the SanFelasco website says 8am but the sportsonline say 6am.  I'll be up at 5:55 trying to register.  I am glad they finally got with current times and do an online registration after so many years.  It was crazy with the mail thing.  now with online, it is going to get sold out within hours.  Do NOT procrastinate.  Actually, do procrastinate, more chances for me to get into one of the 2nd koolest FIDDY in the state.  (Croom Fiddy 1st)

Race starts at 8am don't be late.   ;D     Oh, metric century option again this year.  Be ready for icy conditions like always.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:37:30 PM by SandPine »

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
WOW... 5 SAG stops for a 50 mile ride??  I am going to get FAT-er eating so much.  LMAO...

BTW, the SanFelasco website says 8am but the sportsonline say 6am.  I'll be up at 5:55 trying to register.  I am glad they finally got with current times and do an online registration after so many years.  It was crazy with the mail thing.  now with online, it is going to get sold out within hours.  Do NOT procrastinate.  Actually, do procrastinate, more chances for me to get into one of the 2nd koolest FIDDY in the state.  (Croom Fiddy 1st)

Race starts at 8am don't be late.   ;D     Oh, metric century option again this year.  Be ready for icy conditions like always.
Croom over Felasco? Wha choo been smokin ;D

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 01:47:23 PM »
Scott - sign up again so I can snag your ticket  :P :P :P :P
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 01:50:21 PM »

Croom over Felasco? Wha choo been smokin ;D
You missed my revision :-)

Advertisement: