Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Heading South  (Read 632 times)

Offline kymtnbiker

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Scullbuster, Scott Co.Ky.
  • My Bike: Niner E.M.D. KHS 606
Heading South
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »
Hey Swampers, I will be heading to your area in a couple of weeks. Can anyone give me an idea as to how the trails are? I will probably spending a lot of time in the Lacoochee/Dade City area and staying in Mulberry on the south side of Lakeland. I know there is a paved trail that goes through the Withlacoochee forest and that is where the Croom trail is at.(I think I have that right) How far down the bike path before you get to the mtn.bike trails and are they accessable from the bike path. What kind of weather have you been having and expect to have in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks in advance. ;D

Offline KevinNAshley

• First Bike
  • My Bike: 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper 29er
Re: Heading South
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »
kymtnbiker, definitely go to Carter Rd. (Loyce Harpe Park) its at 500 W. Carter Road  Mulberry, Fl. Check out more at the Ridge Riders website: http://www.phpbb88.com/ridgeriders/ its in great shape.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:37:01 PM »
Trails are great! Expect narrow ridgeline trails that are more technical that you would expect. While in the Mulberry area you have easy access to Carter/Loyce Harp Park, Alafia, and Boyette. Up by Dade City you would be close to Croom, and within and hour or so of Santos. If you have the opportunity I would especially recommend Santos, Carter, Alafia, and Boyette. I could give a guided tour of Boyette, Carter, or Alafia on a Saturday if desired, provided I don't have to work. Shoot me a PM, I live in S. Lakeland about 10 miles from Carter.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline kymtnbiker

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Scullbuster, Scott Co.Ky.
  • My Bike: Niner E.M.D. KHS 606
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. The only weekend time I will have is the weekend when I arrive the next weekend we will be going to a wedding,part of the reason for the trip. I will be sure to give a shout when I get there.
Thanks again.

Offline Loydfl

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Specialized FSR Comp 29'r
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:32:45 PM »
There is a group of us that rides out at Carter Rd around 10AM on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's.  Always glad to have someone join up for a ride.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:38:24 AM »
Croom and Carter are both great.  If you could only ride one then I'd suggest Carter if you are up for some pretty technical stuf. 

Advertisement: