Author Topic: Wasn't that fun?  (Read 361 times)

Offline kj

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Vassago
Wasn't that fun?
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
woohoo Ridgeline! 

Offline ProEdgeBiker.com

• *SPECIALIZED* My Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
Re: Wasn't that fun?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »
VIDEO TIME!!RL 2010

Offline Sirbikesalot

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »
Is it open?

Offline JCMTB

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Jamis Dakota 29'er
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »
yes

Online ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »
Would like to see another grade reversal worked into the top of the exit climb to push the water out to the side but I'm very happy with how the new one midway up looks. I hope it keeps it's shape, didn't have anything to armor it with. Should hopefully help with the erosion in the lower half of that climb. Need to get out there and ride it.

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »
Would like to see another grade reversal worked into the top of the exit climb to push the water out to the side but I'm very happy with how the new one midway up looks. I hope it keeps it's shape, didn't have anything to armor it with. Should hopefully help with the erosion in the lower half of that climb. Need to get out there and ride it.

When we closed that it had standing water.  There was no side for it to go to.  That's why that is a seasonal trail.  The lows are some of the lowest parts of the property.

Offline BeatTheBabby

• First Bike
    • HalfBreed Productions Extreme Sports Videos and Photography
  • My Bike: 2008 Eastern Slash
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

When we closed that it had standing water.  There was no side for it to go to.  That's why that is a seasonal trail.  The lows are some of the lowest parts of the property.

Lets build that bridge we were talking about earlier this year.  One @ that first big drop at the bottom and one at the end.  I will slave for you Garry ;)  let me know
-I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away....

Online ClintonRH

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »

Where was the standing water? At the top or down at the bottom? Where I'm thinking of at the top there's definitely a side. The causeway at the bottom is just what it is. It's paved now, short of building it up several inches (that's a lot of fill) it's going to flood occasionally.

After you go over the causeway and start the climb out you go up the part that was so badly rutted until it kicks to the right some. That's where we dug in the grade reversal to help route the water away so now there's a little flat spot in what used to be a non-stop climb. Then it continues up with the bench cut to your left and turns left around the tree to the top. Right as you get to the turn around the tree almost at the top there's a spot that could be fairly easily worked into a grade reversal to push the water coming off the top of the trail to the right side. Combine that with some more outsloping of the bench cut and it should be possible to route away most of the stream of water that was obviously running down the exit climb before.

Hopefully my mental image of that was accurate. There are probably more urgent projects though.