Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: NEW RIDGELINE TRAIL  (Read 478 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
NEW RIDGELINE TRAIL
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
This is how you get the great trails that you enjoy folks - ride what you build.

Message from Wes:

This weekend we will have an excavator and tracked front loader in Boyette  to start building a new section onto Ridgeline, and to start an extension  to Swamp Thing. The rough cut will take most of Saturday.

On Sunday, volunteers (that being you) will refine the new sections so we can all ride them.

Next Saturday it will be more of the same.

This  Saturday, I need three people to help run the equipment. If you have experience  operating a skid-steer, or ATV, please let me know. We will probably be there  all day.

On Sunday, I will need pick and shovel people to groom the  new sections. Hopefully, we can knock it out in the morning, and ride it  in the afternoon. That's assuming we have volunteers.

Next weekend will be devoted to Swamp Thing, and any final grooming of trails for the FTF.

FYI-  this FTF generates all the funds for the building and maintaining of the  trails at Alafia and Boyette. Needless to say, it is very important to you  that these trails be in the best shape possible.

Please reply to wes@SWAMPclub.org to volunteer.

Wes

Offline Joe Messina

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: Specialized FSR XC Comp
Re: NEW RIDGELINE TRAIL
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »
Hi

I am Joe Messina(x-newbie). Ok Ok only in for about a year .2. Anyways I have gone from being a d level rider to a solid B+. Now I can say it hasnt been an easy journey, but with support from Swamp members I hung in there and learned to do two things well. Be a better group member of swamp which includes promoting it out on the trail, and two, becoming more effectiant and better rider at all our parks. Hey My experiance has been very positive from the inner circle members over to other members. All folks seem really nice , cool, cooperative, and yes sometimes sassy, but in  agood way. So all in all I say GO SWAMP and a huge thanks to everyone in our organization. Truly has changed my life on several levels.
Joe Messina
Peace Out beautiful People....just sayin.....

Advertisement: