Author Topic: Croom ride on Sat. 8am  (Read 2847 times)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
Croom ride on Sat. 8am
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:53:36 PM »
I am planning to ride Croom this Sat. 17th. and complete the Blue Trail. I am at Wesley Chapel so it will probably take me 45 minutes to get there. Anybody wants to join? Is it okay for a solo ride? is hunting season done? Where do I park?

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Croom ride on Sat. 8am
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
I am planning to ride Croom this Sat. 17th. and complete the Blue Trail. I am at Wesley Chapel so it will probably take me 45 minutes to get there. Anybody wants to join? Is it okay for a solo ride? is hunting season done? Where do I park?

Hunting season is over.  No rain so it has been dry and sandy.  Bring plenty of water and pre hydrate.  You can do a solo ride, but the complete BLUE is like 32 miles.  You can get lost in Croom if you don't know your way.  Get a map and remember N & S Forest Roads are odd numbered, and E & W are even numbered.  Park at Trail Head #1 after getting on Croom Road from SR 50.  Going North on the BLUE you will have two options to bail at 8 miles and 12 miles before you commit to 24 to Croom Road, then another 8 on the South Blue.

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Re: Croom ride on Sat. 8am
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:37:07 AM »
Croom Sunday 25 March,

WOW.. trails were in much better shape than I thought they would be..  I had a blast up there. It was a great day for a ride, with a great bunch of people.

Did some impromtu trail maintenance  ;D ..  and we had some good laughs.

..even had one good spill  lol... i'll try to keep both tires on the ground next time..  ;)

Anyways.. great ride..

Thanks to all I rode with. It was a lot of fun!

-Bob  :)   :)
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!