Well it is getting worse... Yesterday, GEOMAN sent out another email stating to stop using the light. To store it outside your home and to keep it in a firewproof metal case. Hmmm.... Sorry for those of you who bought the light after many of us talked about it here for the last year or so. I sure hope GeoMan is able to pull the recall/replacement off. They must's sold thousands of them and not sure how they are going to be able to cover it.
The person above almost burned his house down when he store his battery in a closet. NOt sure if it was damaged or short circuited or what but I sure don't want this to happen to anyone. I may have to go get a fireproof case for all my batteries now.
More on the pics above here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/album.php?aid=259457&id=196811798535
BE CAREFUL and keep an eye on your battery (any Li-ion) when charging, storing, and carying. Don't rely on your "smart" charger to save your battery from going up in smoke. If you do drop/crash with battery, inspect it to make sure something hasn't gone wrong. Anyway, many are reporting no problems with it. I'll continue to use mine but probably charge away from my house or anyting flamable. When using, if it gets too hot, give it a rest.