Author Topic: Joe Messina Still Here and Need to reach out  (Read 103 times)

Offline joeym

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • My Bike: Specialized FSR XC Comp
Joe Messina Still Here and Need to reach out
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
Hey dudes and dudettes,

For some of you my absence from the large group rides you may have noticed I havent been around for about 6 months. I still love the group rides so its not that I feel the scene is lame. So here is an update of my riding since joining SWAMP oct 09.

First and for most I humbly thank the core of the organization for your forsight as to what this oraganization is because of you. Im very proud to remain part of this. OF course my life has transformed for the better on several levels since taking up MTBing.
Also I have come to meet really cool, open folks. Along the way I met up with of few and we started to ride in our subgroups usually at santos, alaphia, boyette , carter. We havent missed a single week for about 6-7 months and I have really become a much much better rider due the the teck skills learned, fitness regime which encompasses "spin" classes 2-3 time weekly. Also I learned some about bike maintenance and how to travel abit. A huge thanks to me groupies I ride with.

Second, you might have heard I experainced and very severe crash back 3 weeks ago at the tail end of my 5 hour ride at alaphia. back end went wide on me and pullled my into a tree going down hill at a very hight rate of speed. basically Im thinking one more week untill I try to get at it again and I can hardly wait. Since rideing MTBing for just over a year I broke my ribs twice.....ouch....first time was sillly crash while I was a newbie and just didt stay focused. Finally I had for forfit my FTF ticket due the the ribs issue....to painfull and I didnt want to lame everyone out...Hope to see everyone sson....happy holidday and stay safe.
Joe Messina
Time heals all wounds....right?

Offline ProEdgeBiker.com

• *SPECIALIZED* My Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
Re: Joe Messina Still Here and Need to reach out
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
get better soon!