Author Topic: November 26th Accident  (Read 281 times)

Offline yarik83

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Gary Fisher Opie 2009
November 26th Accident
« on: November 26, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »
Listening to police feed on my ipod and resque/ambulance unit has been dispatched to balm boyette preserve. Little information given but someone hurt their leg while riding pandemonium or ridgeline.

Hope it is nothing serious cause otherwise they need a 4x4 vehicle or a helicopter.

Offline JamesinIT

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • My Bike: Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disk 29er
Re: November 26th Accident
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »
I was out there today and passed two people who broke their bikes and were walking back on the service road.

Hope they are ok. You don't need a chopper at Boyette to get to Ridgeline, you just need to know the fire roads.

Offline yarik83

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Gary Fisher Opie 2009
Re: November 26th Accident
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 01:29:05 AM »
It is true that you do not need a chopper. I caught a service call on my ipod. Was just coming from ikea and there was a big nasty accident on lithia pine crest. Dodge viper and a pt cruiser apparently ran into each other. So I came home, tuned to police channel to figure out what happened and very shortly after that a call went out for balm boyette. They made it seem like they were sending paramedics there. My comment implied that with all that sand at the entrance it may not be possible for an ambulance to pass without getting stuck.

But yeah hope whoever made the call is ok.