Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Rough morning  (Read 558 times)

Offline Sirbikesalot

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • It's always a race!!
  • My Bike: Epic expert
Rough morning
« on: December 01, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »
3am Woke up to 30mph winds howling at my window.Get my backpack and rain gear ready.TV on weather channel,4am roll out of the garage with heavy north winds along with rain.Have 18 miles to go straight north.1 mile into my ride I realize Im over dressed so I stop to remove a layer. start my ride again maybe another mile get a flat tire,side of the road with light rain and very heavy wind,bike pump litteraly breaks in my hand..Rear tire only half inflated..Start my ride again maybe half a mile I see my headlight fell off where I changed my tube so I back track to find it.All is well till I get to 7/11 on 54th south to finish pumping my tire......Did you know it now costs $1 to pump a tire......Who carries 4 quarters on a bike....Anyway continuing my ride I get to 30th ave N and some IDIOT pulls up behind me in a car and lays on his horn!!Why,Im not sure but my legs are burning from the wind my body is cold and wet and I aint in no mood for this guy so I slam on my brakes,jump off my bike and show him each one of my lights and kindly ask him very loudly what the ---- are you honking for !!!!???He takes off and I get back on my bike just as two hookers are walking by me looking at me like Im some kinda weirdo....It took me 1 hour longer than normal to get to work,just made it in time to clock in.I absolutely love my bike!!!!!! ;D

Offline Slowjenfizz

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
Re: Rough morning
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »
Bless your bones, you are my hero.

I'm (aaarrrggghhhh!!!) looking for a job after being a stay at home mom for the past 10 years.  If I find a job, plan to commute by bike. 

The jobs I've applied to, so far...I'm looking at a 11 mile one way commute, or more.

So, I'm looking forward to flat tires, cursing motorists, and just praying (to whom or what I don't know since I hover between agnosticism and atheism) that I don't die by some errant motorist who's too busy texting to pay attention to the road.

And you get to freeze your ass off tomorrow.

Stay warm tonight.

Offline Cairey

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Trek Fuel WSD
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »
some IDIOT pulls up behind me in a car and lays on his horn!!Why,Im not sure but my legs are burning from the wind my body is cold and wet and I aint in no mood for this guy so I slam on my brakes,jump off my bike and show him each one of my lights and kindly ask him very loudly what the ---- are you honking for !!!!???He takes off and I get back on my bike just as two hookers are walking by me looking at me like Im some kinda weirdo....

Maybe he was honking at the hookers  ;D

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
some IDIOT pulls up behind me in a car and lays on his horn!!Why,Im not sure but my legs are burning from the wind my body is cold and wet and I aint in no mood for this guy so I slam on my brakes,jump off my bike and show him each one of my lights and kindly ask him very loudly what the ---- are you honking for !!!!???He takes off and I get back on my bike just as two hookers are walking by me looking at me like Im some kinda weirdo....

Maybe he was honking at the hookers  ;D
Good point^^^^^ ;D

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
honking at the hookers

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong.  ;)
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Advertisement: