Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette Scrub  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Billy Miller

• First Bike
Boyette Scrub
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:15:18 AM »
I'm heading to Tampa to visit family. Interested in riding Boyette Scrub. Are trails somewhat easy to follow, don't want to get lost. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Billy
Tallahassee, Fl

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Boyette Scrub
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:20:40 PM »
I would probably try to find someone to ride with that knows Boyette. There are maps available, but if you ride with someone you can just concentrate and enjoy. It's not always fun when you're trying to get you're bearings and ride at the same time. Boyette takes some time to learn the layout but once you do, it flows great.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »
Any ideas when your going to be riding at Boyette?

-Bob  :)
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »
I'm heading to Tampa to visit family. Interested in riding Boyette Scrub. Are trails somewhat easy to follow, don't want to get lost. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Billy
Tallahassee, Fl

Hey Billy,
Boyette has a great set of trails.  23 miles if you ride everything.  Soon there will be brochure maps at the kiosk, but if you are a SWAMP member ($20) you get maps of all four trails systems we maintain and other perks of belonging to the club.  Anyway, pay attention to the way that you go in.  Once you've ridden the 2 miles out to the first trail - Loch Ness - look off to your left and you will see tall radio towers.  Keep that in perspective and you will always be able find your way back to parking.  Yes, it is good to have someone who knows the trails to go with, but if that doesn't happen then knowing your bearings helps.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »
Billy,
Some of us leave real close to Boyette and can probably join you for a ride there if is after 4pm.  Just let us know what dates you'll be there.  We are trying to get a regular group going every Thursday there at about 5:30pm.

Offline Billy Miller

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »
Thanks so much for the replys, I will probably ride at the Wilderness park trail system. I really wanted to try Boyette, but not sure what my family obligations will be, so I hate to set up a time. I just thought it might be like the Wilderness parks, They are clearly marked. I will probably just drive down next month and join everyone on the club ride. just a little difficult living here in Tall.
Billy

Advertisement: