Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: MS 150 bike tour  (Read 1205 times)

Offline JimJannain

• First Bike
  • playin with the big boys on my little bike
MS 150 bike tour
« on: March 21, 2007, 12:13:44 AM »
I know I am new to the club, but this is an old issue and something important to me.  The MS 150 bike tour is coming April 21st.  I have ridden others in NY before, not quite this far, but that is the challenge for me.  I love to ride, and what better reason than to help others.  This is not about speed, but endurance.  I am riding the only thing I have, and that is my Trek 4300 mountain bike.  I tried to get my boss... the owner of Jaguar of Tampa... to provide bike jerseys as I thought it would be cool to ride with all the other bikers proudly displaying my jag jersey! Well... he didn't do that, but did donate the basic $200 minimum pledge needed to enter. 

I have been reading the forums, looking at pictures, and have talked to some of the members, including one of the creators of this fine group.  If noone has mentioned yet, I would like to ask if anyone else plans to ride this event?  I feel the power of a group come together to do something they love when I saw you all for the first time.  I just want to jump into everything you do with two feet!  I wish to ask you all permission to harness the great thing you have going as a group. A mass donation that can come in many forms.... either join me and challenge yourself to a worthy cause, donate your time and volunteer to support the thousands of riders that will be riding, or donate some money to a rider willing to take up the challenge.  I would love to be a part of team....  team SWAMP would look awesome making thier presence known to all!

You have to see the website and read the testimonials of previous riders..... these speak all and more on how I feel about riding this event.  See it here: 
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_FLC_Testimonals

Anyone know where I can get me a nice SWAMP jersey?  Team Jaguar came up lame, but I would love to show my enthusiasm and support of my new freinds by wearing thier colors!

get more info on this ride and registration and other things at this website:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_FLC_homepage

Time is gettin short so I would like to hear from you all and your thoughts on this subject!
take care and be well and see you on trails!

P.S. To register cost $35 per individual, $20 if you join a team.... any one else riding if you want to start a team or have started one please let me know.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:20:06 AM by JimJannain »

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: MS 150 bike tour
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:32:17 AM »
I would be signing up for this today if it wasn't for the $235 cost. Maybe I'll find a sponsor to give up the green, not likely though.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline JimJannain

• First Bike
  • playin with the big boys on my little bike
Re: MS 150 bike tour
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 09:43:58 PM »
sorry didn't see this response until now.... but as far as finding sponsors for the money.... it is kind of easy.  I started at work asking my coworkers...... I explained the purpose of the ride and what the money would go for..... most were happy to donate a 5 or 10 dollar bill to your cause.  The owner of the business chipped in $100.  As for the entry fee.... you can save $15 by joining an existing team.  Ask family and friends to support you as well..... in the end it won't take long before you get what you need to do the ride.... but as I write this... there is only three weeks left before the ride and not sure if there is a deadline to register etc...  Good luck and hope to see you out there pedaling either on the MS ride or on a trail!

Advertisement: